SydB1974's ATA Build[*ATA]

Been a little hectic around here lately (wrestling with some computer issues :angry: ), but here's a progress update:

Helmet:

- Attached aerators. one is a bit wonky (pointing down) due to where the holes were drilled. thinking about re-backing the area with milliput and re-drilling

- Applied TK-4510's decals. Wow! How freaking awesome are those?!

- Put on the S-Trim and brow trim. The S-trim was a pain!

Armor:

- Primed and painted Shoulder Bells, Back, Kidney, Butt, Chest, and Ab/Cod. got a couple ripples on the Chest (straps) and on the cod, I think due to higher than optimum humidity when I painted. I should be able to sand those bits down and polish it up once the paint cures.

- Fully assembled the left bicep. didn't quite get the pieces totally flush, so will probably fill the small spaces with bondo.

Blaster:

- Ordered the requisite DoopyDoos kit and elements to do a PVC build.

Have some pix of the bucket on my cell phone, but need to take some proper pics when it's done and upload them. This thread is seriously lacking photo updates!

• 4 weeks later...

Busy last couple weeks.....but making progress on the ATA. Biceps and forearms are assembled and painted. I need to hit a couple spots on the forearm with another coat of paint, though......and got a couple nice drip spots on one that I'll have to sand down :6:

got one thigh piece done earlier this week, and finished the other tonight (sans battery pack, which I'll attach after bending and painting). I'll prime those Sunday morning.....maybe paint Sunday evening?

Got lenses in the bucket....just need to put in the mesh. Shin assembly will start tomorrow....and will probably start getting snap plates together!!!!

Got my boots from TKBoots yesterday, neckseal came today.....belt should be on it's way soon....and still waiting on my E-11 barrel. Things are coming together!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well.....I think main armor assembly is DONE! Here's a few pics from the last few weeks up until tonight where I donned the full suit for the first time (sans Thermal Detonator....not quite done with it.) I still need to finish up shin closure too....trying to use the bra hook method.

I'll get more pics up when I can get someone over to take em!

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

me_without_bucket.jpg

me_with_bucket.jpg