An even another side plate quastion.

I know there is another recent thread right now but I did not wan't to hijack his thread as my question is different.

I am about to put my rivets in the side left side to create the clam shell. If I go even on both sides, I will have a 3" shim on each side. My question is, should I just put the shell together on the left (butt them together) and put 6" shim on the right or should I even them up with 2 3" shims (1 on each side). I am trying to make the left side look more screen accurate.

I tried to suck my stomach in and have no shims but unfortunately at age 42....No luck! LOL

If you wanna do it really accurate looking then add seamless shims to both sides so you can't see they're shims, then put the rivets on those.

All that means is a little extra work in doing putty and sanding and painting to make them unnoticeable.

Or, from your options I'd say do one on each side.

If you wanna do it really accurate looking then add seamless shims to both sides so you can't see they're shims, then put the rivets on those.

All that means is a little extra work in doing putty and sanding and painting to make them unnoticeable.

Or, from your options I'd say do one on each side.

That is something I never thought about. Thanks.