Need help in San Diego

So I'm finally ready to get my first suit of armor and after having read through all the various guides on the forums I'm still feeling totally lost. I have no idea what kit would work best being a 5'9" female with no mechanical skills or tools. I don't want to spend money on the wrong things and I was hoping that there might be a 501st member in San Diego that's experienced and willing to help me out a bit. If there's anyone out there willing to give some guidance to a new wannabe trooper I'd REALLY appreciate it. I'm willing to bribe you for your time/ expertise with food, coffee, beer, whatever. Please drop me a line if you can assist or know of anyone that can. (And don't worry, I'm not looking for someone to do everything for me just need pointed in the right direction :D )

Thank you!!!

Amber,

I am in San Diego. I can help you with questions but I am afraid I cant help you much with physically showing you assembly and stuff. No free time really. Feel free to PM me or email me at applingfamily@cox.net. Also, there is a San Diego Squad and a Southern California Garrison you can get in touch with. San Diego's Squad has many members. You can find them at http://www.southerncaliforniagarrison.com/

Hey Amber. You have come to the right place. The F.I.S.D is the best place for research and help. I'm kinda of new here myself. Do you know what style of armor you would like to do?

Just basic Storm Trooper right now...I think.I'm trying to keep it simple :blink: I was looking at an AM kit because it seems like it might be easiest to assemble but it seems like it might be a little big on me so I'm not sure.

Amber,

I am in San Diego. I can help you with questions but I am afraid I cant help you much with physically showing you assembly and stuff. No free time really. Feel free to PM me or email me at applingfamily@cox.net. Also, there is a San Diego Squad and a Southern California Garrison you can get in touch with. San Diego's Squad has many members. You can find them at http://www.southerncaliforniagarrison.com/

Thank, I appreciate it. I'm sure I'll be fine but the idea of spending the money on armor and then making that first cut is a little scary right now!

Just basic Storm Trooper right now...I think.I'm trying to keep it simple :blink: I was looking at an AM kit because it seems like it might be easiest to assemble but it seems like it might be a little big on me so I'm not sure.

Yeah...an AM/FX might actually be a bit big without a lot of tweaking. You would probably look much better in a more movie-accurate version and there are many cost effective kits to be found now a days that are similar in cost to the AM. Do a few searches and look for stickied topics in the appropriate forums on this site or you can PM for more info.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Chris