Need help with calf

I need help with my calf pieces for my new tk kit that I am getting. I am about 6'1" and 180lbs. I am purchasing an AP kit because I tried one on and everything fit nice except the calves, They are a little shorter then I would like. I know I can space the legs out a little but I dont like all of the black that shows by the knee area. It is the rightfit just too short so I dont want a fat looking calf being as that I am tall and thin framed. Does any one make a longer one or does any one know if I can heat up and stretch out the calf piece? I was going to try the stretch method on my younger bro's rubies suit because he is taller then me and was dissapointed in his purchase so he is not objecting if it works. Any help would be appreciated.

The new AM calves are longer than the other suits I think, RT-MOD might be as well. I would definitely NOT try to heat and stretch the shins, I think that's more trouble than it's worth and there is a lot of room for error.

At 6-1" you're not too tall. I troop with 2 TD's that are 6-2"+ and one of them is wearing an AP. When we did his TD suit we played with the spaces as much as possible. Make sure you maximize the mouting area of the knee plate and boxes on the right leg. You can fudge here and there. The center sandie is about 6-4" with an FX kit. The one to his left is about 6-2" in AP legs. Just moving stuff around can help. You'll have drop boxes to help cover the black, you can bump the lower legs up to the top of your boots and so on.

Ā 

4WqccNz.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

That picture looks pretty decent as far as the gap goes. I might have to do that I guess, though I am still open to hear if anyone knows of taler calf pieces. Like I said I would like to try to close the gap a little and have a look like the shorter troopers get. It looks cleaner and nicer with less black showing by the knees. Thats my opinion anyways. Thanks for the tip though.

I had some concerns about the fit of some of my pieces on the AP as well. I'm also 6'1" and 180 lbs. Don't make any decisions until you get ALL the pieces put together. I found that once I had attached the ammo boxes, knee plate, and the right boots, everything sort of came together. It's hard to judge individual pieces without seeing the whole kit put together. Here's a pick of my completed suit:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

That looks pretty good. It looked about like that on me with the one I tried on, being the calf piece has to be pulled up a little bit and the rest looking pretty good overall. I guess us taller guys are kind of sierra oscar lima when it comes to that. Thanks to all of you for your help and input, though still open to suggestions from taller tk's out there. I still have time before the kit comes in.

Look at it this way, at least you wont have problems walking up stairs. You'll be able to keep the integrity in the rear portions of the legs. Most have to trim to allow flexibilty.

That is true. I will have to make due and try my best for now to make it look good. Maybe after some practice I can make a custom longer set. HAHA, that might be a while though. :lol: