any illustrators out there?

dashrazor

i just landed a job as an illustrator for a small publishing company :D im going to do it part time until i get my electricians license, or possibly full time if it goes well...

anyway.. does anybody out there know of any good online resources or books for this type of work ? this is completely new to me :blink: i am going to be making a few childrens books for charity to start out with... Dr Seuss style stuff :P

im kind of exited lol!

You should be dude, that's awesome! An illustrator friend once said to me "your'e only as good as your reference." So do your googling for what you need, and use it as reference.

Edited by TK 4702

I always check out Deviant art, concept art.org, Imagine FX, etc for inspiration. Maybe check out some of the vinyl toy concept sites, that's a more current style. I'm influenced a lot by the likes of Kidrobot, Tokidoki, etc

I've done kids illustrations in the past, more recently it's been conceptual images, technical, patent drawings, blue prints and many other styles in my career.

T.

Im an Illustrator, =D i would say that the reference is key. However my Favorite saying is "You're only as good as your worst piece" Meaning put everything into every piece and only sign that which is worthy of you signature. In the end the art that you put out should be the best of your ability.

In terms of reference there is no better than you holding a camera. You get the angle, lighting and view you want correct the first time.

Congrats on the job, its a tough market and im happy you got a great deal already.

Alex