Question about helmet opening

If your head is on the large side, definitely stay away from an AP lid! Someone in our garrison has one, and he even widened the opening and me and another guy could NOT get our heads in at all! I don't have a large head, but a larger nose and that kept me out of it.

If your head is on the large side, definitely stay away from an AP lid! Someone in our garrison has one, and he even widened the opening and me and another guy could NOT get our heads in at all! I don't have a large head, but a larger nose and that kept me out of it.

You have to put the AP lid on sideways, then turn it (once it's on). :) Coming off though... rips my ears to shreds!

Edited by jawa001

You have to put the AP lid on sideways, then turn it (once it's on). :) Coming off though... rips my ears to shreds!

I also have to turn the lid sideways to get it on and off. I wear a 6 1/2 hat size...is that big? lol

Turning the helmet to the side and twisting it on/off your head is a sign of a more-accurately sized one. ;) The FX has been the only one where I could just drop it straight down onto my head...and I know people who still have to turn even that helmet at least a little to get it on.

It's kind of a strange thing, though, that once you get past the head opening, the interior of even an AP is fairly spacious and has room for fans, in-helmet speaker systems, etc. At least that's been my experience.

If your head is on the large side, definitely stay away from an AP lid!

Definitely don't go for AP. I tried and had no hope getting it on, anyway you choose to force it. Currently hold FX (shame on me ;) ) and will upgrade once other issues are handled.

Edited by puro

I have an AP and absolutely love it. My head is 7 5/8" and it is tight getting it on, but once it's on it's fine. I have two fans, mic and a wireless unit in the back.

My 2 cents ;)