My Armor Build

I was at Lowes & did not see any 2.5" pipe. I took the end caps to match up. All I found was some 2.5 adapters that fit perfect. But they were only 2 3/4" long. I bought 3 of them. I'll have to cut one down to make the correct size & glue them together. I really would like the solid piece. Maybe I'll check Home Depot tomorrw :huh:

My VaderDave ab button kit came yesterday. Im also ready to apply the "tiles" or "tabs" for the snaps. I went looking for the plasti weld. Couldn't find it any where. Took awhile, but finally found it online. Will one bottle be enough, or should I get two? :dancing-trooper:

I was gonna use the Plasti Weld method of glueing my snap "tabs". But had a hard time finding it. Lots of people said I could use the E6000 for this as well. So I will use the E6000 to glue my snap tabs onto my armor. :dancing-trooper:

Ok changed my mind on the Plasti-Weld. Gonna use the E6000 to glue the tabs down.

Im ready to make my shims. I went to Target to buy a plastic tub that I was gonna cut up & make the shims & tabs. After going through all the tub lids & finding the best two. Im walking down the isle & come across some shinny white kitchen trash cans. I look them over & decide this will work better. They are super shinny white & already have the "curve" in them for my leg shims. :dancing-trooper:

Ps, for my "Blackhole Stromtrooper Bros & Sis out there. The trash can came in super shiny black too.

• 1 month later...

Started making the shims out of the trash can. MEDIC! Got a blister cutting the trash can up. After all the shims were cut to size & shape. I used a dremel to score the sides where I'll attach the velcro to the plastic. I have industrial strength velcro with the sticky back. Is this strong enough to hold to the armor, or should I lay down a bead of E6000 to secure it?

• 2 weeks later...