Ive almost made up my mind!

So im aiming for ESB armor. I have narrowed it down to RT and TM. Me being 6'5" and skinny.....I dont have many options. I have spent countless hours looking at both armors, an i really like them both. But i need everyones help.

What are the pros and cons on both armors? This is a semi big investment for me... So i dont want to get the wrong thing... Than have everyone say "aaah thats no good! You should have got this!!" you know??

I would like to know EVERYTHING!!! I have read all the posts on them.... But i want to know from the person wearing the armor. I want your point of view.The good. The bad. The ok. The mods that can/should be done, an even improvements of the armor if any, and how long will i be holding my breath till my armor enters my hands.

Your opinions are really going to finalize my decision. I am pretty handy..... So i can work a drill an dremel an other tools, so i dont mind a challenge.....if any!

Also, could you point me in the right direction in who i should talk too!?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Waderawpunk

Both of those are very good armor sets, and you wouldn't go wrong in choosing either of them.

As far as "pros" & "cons", that's pretty much a personal thing, but I can give you a quick rundown of the differences between them, and the largest practical difference, IMO, is in assembly. RT is fairly straightforward - there are flanges built-in to the biceps, forearms, thighs & sheaves (calves) that you just have to match up and velcro/glue together, taking a lot of work out of assembly. TM armor has been sculpted to try and match the actual on-screen suits as closely as possible, and quite a lot of research has gone into all the details of how they were put together. Therefore the actual assembly is more complicated as you'll need to do a lot of measuring and trimming to get the pieces to fit correctly.

I'm 6'3" and I have a set of RT armor and love it. The pieces are built larger and longer so they can more easily accept taller/bigger troopers. I do have to put a little padding in places, though, because even though I'm a good height for this armor, I'm somewhat thinner than what it's capable of fitting. I would not have that issue with TM armor as it's made to be fitted to your personal measurements, although I'm not sure how well it can be fitted to accommodate taller troopers as I have no experience with it. That was the big reason why I went with RT - I knew it could be made to fit right out of the box because that's what it was designed to do.

I'm sure others can be even more detailed with their explanations. It really does come down to personal preference. As much as I like my RT kit, I really like the TM and, if it could fit us taller troops, I'd buy a set. Either way you go you'll have a good armor set to get you on your way.

I had to put in some padding in the biceps, forearms & a small piece in the front of the calves to help keep them from turning. Since you cut the thighs to fit, didn't have to pad those nor any of the rest of the armor. I may go back and take those other pieces apart, cut the flanges off, trim, and re-attach using strips (which is more accurate anyway), but I haven't decided yet. I have other costumes I'm working on that are taking precedence over doing something like that on a suit that works well as-is. ;)

• 2 weeks later...