Fan Expo 2007 Toronto

Sandman

Hey all, the Fan Expo in Toronto guest list has been announced some of the names are as follows...HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN, JAKE LLOYD, DAVID PROWSE, DANIEL LOGAN plus many cool non Star Wars personalities like MALCOLM McDOWELL , MICHAEL BIEHN, and JONATHAN FRAKES. Looks like its gonna be a good show. I expect attendance will likley exceed fifty thousand this year. Also ALBIN JOHNSON will be there and he's called for a 501st international conference which means there should be alot members in attendance. It should be a great oppertunity for me to pick their brains, I'm looking forward to it. Unfortunatly I have not yet ordered my armor so I will not be ready by the end of August. I sent an e-mail to Rob at RT the other day beacuse I had one more question for him. I'm just waiting for an answer. I think I'm almost ready to place an order. WOOT !!! :dance: Is anyone here planning a trip Toronto... :)

I'll see you there man, what a guest list they managed this year! Our garrison CO has always worked closely with the organizers of the convention, and there was no doubt that this would be the Star Wars year, no more blowing the budget on Star Trek guests as they do every year. I can't wait!

Thanks for posting. This is the first I have heard of this. I am still learning about the various con opportunities. I will have to check into this. I think an international 501st meeting would be very cool. Please keep us informed. Maybe this should be posted somewhere on the 501st boards?

• 3 weeks later...

Np :) ...Here a link if anyones interested. There may be updates to the guest list from time to time as it gets closer. :dance:

Ā 

--------------

Ā 

Cheers. :pint1:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 1 month later...
I'm getting my 1st Stormtrooper armour done right now so I can try and make this.

Ā 

BTW. How does all this work?? You guys just show up, pay your fee and walk in?

Ā 

Lynch

My guess is that the Canadian garrison will likely get some trooping activities organized. You will need to pay the registration fee and can attend like any other fan. But usually the trooping is more fun when you join a bunch of others with a specific activity in mind. There is currently a thread on the main 501st boards, which is where I would suspect the specifics will get posted. I have not seen anything specific yet, but it looks like there will be a good contingent of troopers in attendance.

• 4 weeks later...

Roy Mitchell, Commanding Officer, Canadian Garrison 501st Legion was on CITY TV Breakfast Television this morning talking about Fan Expo Canada 2007. He was in full armor, I did'nt see it but freinds of mine did....

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I went to the show on Friday and Satureday, it was fantastic. I can't beleive how many people from the 501 were there. There must have been like a hundred. It was amazing, soon as I get a chance I'll post a bunch of pictures. I got David Prowse to sign my Star Wars Poster, I also got Trisha Helfer ( Battle Star Galactica ) to sign an autograph picture as well. Both David and Trisha were very nice and talked to the fans as they signed their autographs, they also allowed pictures which was also very nice... which is more than I can say for some of the stars, I don't want to mention any names ADAM WEST, ROBERT BELTRAN and CHARISMA CARPENTER :angry: . All in all I could'nt have asked for a better show. I'm already looking forward to next year. :D

I went to the show on Friday and Satureday, it was fantastic. I can't beleive how many people from the 501 were there. There must have been like a hundred.

Dang! I really wanted to be there, but I had to stay behind to perform in two Weird Al concerts instead! Gotta support the home garrison, you know!!! :salute:

• 1 month later...