TCI and Radio shack amp feedback

Hey all,

I just recently purchased a trooper com interface from a fellow trooper. It's really neat, however I'm wantin to mount the amp and the tci in my chest but I'm getting horrable feedback and there's always a constant sound, kind of like air being blown in the mic. Any ideas on how to eliminate this?

Eventually I will be hooking up the tci to two hovi-mix mic tips but there are none for sale at the moment.

Edited by GosHawk

Hey all,

I just recently purchased a trooper com interface from a fellow trooper. It's really neat, however I'm wantin to mount the amp and the tci in my chest but I'm getting horrable feedback and there's always a constant sound, kind of like air being blown in the mic. Any ideas on how to eliminate this?

Eventually I will be hooking up the tci to two hovi-mix mic tips but there are none for sale at the moment.

I tested a TCI recently with my aker voice amps. I was disappointed with it and returned it for the same problem you are having. excessive feedback and the static burst sounded like a fart. I was told that the TCI needs an un-amplified speakers to work properly.

If you are using the old oblong 6aa 6 watt radio shack vocie amp then you will always have some amount feedback. If you are using the small white 9volt 2watt radio shack sound amp then you will always have a lot of feedback. That radio shack amp is not made to use a mic. it has no feedback reduction logic.

IMHO, your best bet is to sell the TCI and get something else. I can supply you a much better voice amp and recommend some voice cards. Plus we have been asked by a brother not to support the current TCI supplier because of a dispute between the brother who designed the TCI and the supplier who cut him out of the business.

The only other option is to find some hovi-tip speakers and try and use the TCI with that. however, the volume will be limited.

You may want to contact "launchpad" from west texas. he has sold hovi-speakers in the past and has been working on improving them.

Edited by TK6294

The only other option is to find some hovi-tip speakers and try and use the TCI with that. however, the volume will be limited.

You may want to contact "launchpad" from west texas. he has sold hovi-speakers in the past and has been working on improving them.

I've got launchpads speakers they are great....TCI though, well I added a cut off switch to the battery to avoid the costant problem with its sensitivity. I dont know know maybe a better mic then the one the original TCI builder suggested would solve this?

Launchpads speakers are loud and clear too, unfortunately I just lost my patience messing with the thing and am just going to get a romfx instead and use the LP hovi speakers.

On 2/24/2010 at 9:08 AM, GosHawk said:

Thanks for the info. I have been looking to change out this radio shack amp for awile now. As for the voice cards I was looking into the hyperdyne system but can't seem to get in contact with anyone.

Hyperdyne has the deluxe trooper pro available right now:

-----------

He has been out of them until recently.

you can email the owner at shima@hyperdynelabs.com but if you want one then just add to your cart and pay for it. he will get it to you.

I also have one of the new trik toys cards coming. I intend to test it out and post reviews. That should be done by this weekend. it shows a lot of promise.

Here are some links to my gear:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info! I was looking at the trik toys one but in te sound demos the static burst dosnt sound that great, does have alot of promiss though.

Hi there. Feedback logic? Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Not sure about that one.

I make very nice ultra compact Trooper amps and feedback is as old as the universe. It is a very difficult thing to deal with based on good old physical laws.

However, there are some tricks to combat it. I make Hovi mic tips over here in England (as well as helmet amp systems) and I build in a system to reduce feedback. The main issue is to do with with mic position versus position of speakers versus airflow. I kid ye not! Yes, airflow, it makes a difference. PM me if you need any more info.

Cheers,

Rees.