ANH and FX

I think this goes here seeing as I am talking about "blending " kits.

I was wondering if a ANH size chest and back plate would work with FX armor.

I dont have the money to buy the whole kit (the wife would kill me) but seeing as I could do this a little at a time, would the chest work with an FX?

My new bucket is smaller, and I would like to match up the chest and especially the shoulder straps to the bucket.

Would it look ok?

I know it is slimmer and shorter, but I am only 5'9", so the height is not an issue.

Please LMK what ya think.

Boozel

I recently put out an order for RT mod ANH chest/back armor. The rest of my suit is also FX except for the helmet (a TE2). I found that the FX is chest was just too large for me since i'm a skinny guy. One word of caution however if you go the RT mod route, the ABS may be not an exact white match to your FX. This isn't an issue for me as its a replacement on my TD suit.

• 1 month later...

Hey Matt, try cutting about the top two inches off of your FX chestplate (and possibly some from the top of your backplate). It makes a big difference & try mounting your shoulder straps more straight than angled out. I did it on my old kit & it made the AP/FX combination look much better. If you're thinking of upgrading the whole kit, you could probably fund an AP kit with the sale of your completed armor. That's what I did with my TE last year, I had to sell my old AP/FX combo to buy it.

Good Idea Seth. I am planning on going the RT route seeing as I'm a "tad" big for the other stuff. (5'9" @ 185pds). Plus I am going to make a little (custom) adjustments to my fx B)

Boozel

Hey Matt, try cutting about the top two inches off of your FX chestplate (and possibly some from the top of your backplate). It makes a big difference & try mounting your shoulder straps more straight than angled out. I did it on my old kit & it made the AP/FX combination look much better. If you're thinking of upgrading the whole kit, you could probably fund an AP kit with the sale of your completed armor. That's what I did with my TE last year, I had to sell my old AP/FX combo to buy it.