Jump to content

Bristol trooper

Member
  • Content Count

    30
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Bristol trooper

  • Rank
    Corporal

Standard Info

  • Name
    Tim
  • 501st Unit
    UK garrison

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Im not sure if the maker is on a vendor list in the FISD i know hes a member of the 501st and attended alot of events ill ask him and send you a pm Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  2. To add to your list! Mic speaker set up from- 1-IMPERIAL LIGHT AND MAGIG 2-ISLE OF WHITE 3-ALL IN ONE UNIT (NO STATIC BURST) 4-MEMORY CARD WITH BACK GROUND CHATTER 6-REMOVABLE MIC 7-LIGHT WEIGHT WITH NECK STRAP.
  3. First comicon done,didnt realise his shoulders were on backwards other than that he had a great time. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  4. Thank you Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  5. We did a little troop down the street to see how it all flows and he loves it! Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  6. And finally its finished,took a lot longer than expected but i didnt touch it for weeks at a time. I was also given a tool box on wheels which is the exact size,so i had some spare paint and stickers and i painted it and my son put the stickers on. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  7. All parts together except the undersuit and gloves which i did buy the kids black and white disney gloves there ok ish. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  8. So finally all painted and i added a few vinyl stickers to make it look a bit more screen like. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  9. I painted the armour in plastic primer for the last time before a final test fit,fits really good. So down to painting,i used optima paint which i got from eurocarparts its around £2.60 a can but with there alway being a constant offer on it was near the £1 mark ive used about 10 gloss white cans 2 plastic primers 1 high build primer(to fill in holes) 1 normal primer. 1 can of gloss black 1 can of matt black 1 small revel chome/silver 25ml can I havnt used lacquer as to be honest i couldnt get any cheap cans. I spent a lot of time painting all the parts and rubbing down etc,it came out really nice but because of the no lacquer it will mark easily but im not bothered by that. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  10. Knee caps if thats what there called ,same with all the other parts that were in 2 pieces i used milliput to attach them together and they are rock solid,ive painted these but because my son is still quite short they wont fit inbetween the shin and thigh so at the moment weve left them off. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  11. Helmet. So last year i brought a FOTK helmet at a comicon in chippenham i think it was only £30. Somone had painted the clips black and it just looked terrible. So after a lot of sanding and primer i painted it the correct colour but i want happy with the strip around the bottom,i havnt got a steady enough hand for this kind of detail and it bugged me so i repainted it all again but still the same thing,so if i do it again ill use black gloss vinyl to do that part,other than that it looks quite good. Ive put a bit of padding inside but not too much. Ive also cut the vents out for air circulation and ive made a small fan but i dont think itll get used but its there just in case! Also where there is suppose to be a mesh material ive drilled a 3mm hole in each recess and i tell you it took hours to clear all the excess plastic from each hole,looks good and its hardly noticeable and lets more air inside too. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  12. So on the thighs,shoulder bells,forearm covers and both of the shins they were in 2 parts which i had to glue together. I used e6000 and lots of strips of webbing straps to join the pieces together. On the shins i used elastic strapping so we can remove them from my sons legs with ease,to close these ive made a mould of one of the armour clips and moulder 4 clips,on the reverse of these ive glued some very strong magnets to keep them together,they work ok,but i didnt have enough so were waiting for more to turn up in the post. On all parts after sanding it was still quite rough on the inside and kept catching on the undersuit so i got some very cheap material and used a glue stick to attach it,it worked really well to my surprise! Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  13. In connecting the chest and back plate i adopted the clam shell style from my tk,it works really well so i just copied it onto this armour. The torso and butt plate and cod piece are also connected with the popper system and it is held up with 2 big straps over the shoulders which are adjustable Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  14. So the boots look like this at there final stage,shame i had to cut them but they just wouldnt fit in the shins Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  15. Boots Boots are a real paint to buy in a size 12 we tried everywhere,in the end we managed to buy a cheap pair second hand for 4 pounds i think. I sanded these down and primered and painted them gloss white,they came out quite nice. The paint has split on them but its kinda looks pretty good. I ended up cutting a good inch from the top as the shin wont sit over the boot and still keeps riding up now. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
×
×
  • Create New...