First troop was great! It wasn't officially for the 501st, just for a friends booth at Anime Con. But it was great practice for the first real troop this Sunday. I was able to fix some of the bunching at the knees by setting my spats up higher on my calves prior to this troop. During the troop, I found a bunch of other small things that needed addressing.
1. My fans died in under 30 mins off of 9 volt batteries. could have been just bad batteries, but I currently have my fan system apart to use a USB power bank in place of the 9 volts.
2. My spats had trouble staying together. I am replacing the velcro with some snaps. It just wasn't enough surface area for the hook and loop to grab. Easy fix.
3. Thermal fell off when bumped! I have it on magnetically to make for good Jawa-bait, but in tight spaces I was bumped into and it came off. Currently adding more magnets, considering hook and loop as well.
4. Per @gmrhodes13 mentioning, I moved the shoulders forward, after these pictures.
5. Bunching is an issue. When I can spend the time getting velcro placed correctly it is not, but when trying to hurry so other troopers can suit up, its not ideal. I'm thinking about hemming in places so that it stays tighter on me- any suggestions?
6. Forearms are very restricting in movement. I can barely reach my helmet, but I don't see any way to shorten them with the detailing on both sides. I'm only 5'7, so its just a size thing.
I'd like to go for level 2 certification. Maybe starting that thread can help me with some of these issues?
Anyway, I had a great time, and welcome any input!