Jump to content


501st Stormtrooper[TK]
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About kmart890

  • Rank


  • FISD Supporter

Standard Info

  • Name
  • 501st ID
  • 501st Unit
    Northeast Remnant

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Oooooh I'm interested! If I can find a way to fly my kit out there!
  2. Requesting detachment access https://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=19730&costumeID=73
  3. Sent pictures in and got my approval tonight! Definitely need to go back and fix some fit and pinching issues, and would like to add latex under the mask, but I'll do that after Celebration
  4. Thank you! Weathering was a surprising amount of fun! I figured from here out the weathering can be more natural from wear and tear. Unfortunately a bit too cold over here right now to work on the boots. Been waiting for a decent day to get outside and finish up.
  5. Requesting 501st access: http://501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=19730
  6. Gave it a test run last weekend at a zombie walk Found some chafing spots and minor pinches. Also got my new boots so I'll be able to weather the new ones (the ones in this photo are half a size too small)
  7. Got some paints ("Bronze Yellow" mixed with a bit of "Brilliant Lime Green"), and began coating the whole armor. Same weathering techniques. Bucket before: Progress shot: After:
  8. Sent some pics to my GML to get some recommendations Biggest concern was that it was "too white", so more weathering!
  9. With the extra glove material, I figured I could fill in some of my blaster holes Just used some E6000 and magnets to hold it in there. The creases in the material made it hard to get the glue to contact in all areas, so extra glue or magnets were used to fill it up.
  10. After seeing a post here about TheHorrorDome, I ordered some latex parts from them. Got these hands, but they're larger than expected. I ended up cutting off the fingers to use inside the gloves. Cut into a smaller segment and hand sewn/fabric glued into the glove
  11. Picked up some "Burnt Sienna" paint to emulate dried blood around wounds
  12. For the weathering, on the hard armor I just used a variety of acrylic paints. Dab a paper towel in the paint Wipe it on the armor, then wipe away using the clean end. Varying amounts of pressure for the wipe away determines how much paint is left behind Here is a poorly recorded video of me weathering one of my cracks
  13. I started trimming my armor, but didn't collect any photoes. I basically just trimmed away randomly using some tin snips. For cracking effects: First scored some lines with an Xacto knife Scored some more with a small screw driver
  • Create New...