Quinn's ATA Build[*ATA]

Yeah I would personally love to get a all metal replica E-11, but I don't have the money currently =/

i know what your talking about with just a hasbro. I just painted mine cause I need to be the trooper for a kids birthday, I looks better than white, but it's still no e-11.

I am liking the ATA kit but I wish it was HIPS so i wouldn't have to paint it. Is it just me or does it run small? I was comparing the ATA bucket to my recast (MOT) TE2 helmet and the ATA is comparibly small. It also seems that way the shoulder bells.

Thanks for the advice Vern, any input is wonderful

Cheers,

Quinn

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been working to much lately on the armor, but while I was in Vegas, I stopped by a military surplus store and found this.

DSCN3586.jpg

Unfortunately its only 2" wide not 3". However I believe there at the store (Hahn's surplus) there was a 3" wide webbing. But if I recall it looked like it was nylon based giving it a shinny white color.

So close XP

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so I got a question, well two;

1) Gaps - Gluing the left shin and bicep I got a small gap between the return edges part just about the strip-joint. Any fixes? I would assume placing a backing and filling the gap with bondo would work. However, when I tried it with some bondo I found never harden.

2) I went beyond the mold line in some places cause I wanted more return edge. But what I would need to do is 'level' it out. What I was thinking was heat up the area needed a bit, then using a flat edge, flatten as needed to the area.

I will get pics or try by tonight if not tommorrow

Stay classy,

Quinn.

Got the gap pic(s) up along with progress pictures. Enjoy!

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e100/KARNAGE555/ATA%20Build%20March%202010/

Edited by Quinn_101

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried to paint my helmet today considering the freak sun shine weekend. (All week been rainy, windy, cloudy followed by 1 hour of sun.

However, dispite my efforts to prevent bad things from happening, I got runny spots and bugs couldn't stay away at all =/.

It's recomended to sand down affected areas and repaint right?

On the another note, got both shins glued together, while other parts have 1 strip on them. Making some progress thanks to Sherlock Holmes at 4.30 in the morning =D

Get some pics up soon on the photobucket,

Cheers,

Quinn

• 2 weeks later...

So lots of working gluing and cursing up a storm due to paint not wanting to work.

Almost done with my bucket. Just need to add lenses, mouth mesh, tube stripes and the mics. As for armor, By tomorrow around 4pm (curing time) all will have been glued, core parts painted with butt plate giving me grief, limb parts are unpaint but glued. Belt and holster I don't have yet but planing on getting soon. Currently I have a hasbro just painted black with plans on getting the the d.d. resin kit.

Here is the updated link;

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e100/KARNAGE555/ATA%20Build%20March%202010/