Best armor for my size

Hi all,

Passionate newbie here.

I have been looking,reading, noting all sorts of information on build techniques, materials, electronics etc before jumping in on my armor purchase but i do have a few questions and wonder if anyone can help me out please.

I am 6ft 1" slimmish build. I think that i have settled on FX armor and wondered if anyone has any thoughts on how it will fit someone of my build. Are there any other manufactures armor that is better suited to the taller build?

Also, i would really like to start with a helmet and get that right before buying the rest of the suit. mainly so that i don't rush and mess it all up trying to get it finished in my excitement. Do FX supply just the helmet?

Many thanks for any help that you can give me.

Cheers,

Jamie

FX will fit you fine, it's more about how you build the kit to fit you than which kit you buy. I would shy away from the FX helmet though as it's not very accurate. There are a lot of other buckets available and many build threads going on right now so poke around and see what's out there.

Thanks for that. i must say though that after looking at the MRCE helmet and yes yes i know it is one of the cheaper ones but it does look good!

How much moding do you think would be needed to get it looking better? I don't mind moding, infact i would prefer to do the work and make it more individual, especially as i am wanting to build a Sandtrooper kit (Deployed/Dirty)

Also would the 501st accept the MRCE helmet with FX body armor?

Cheers,

Jamie

Thanks for that. i must say though that after looking at the MRCE helmet and yes yes i know it is one of the cheaper ones but it does look good!

How much moding do you think would be needed to get it looking better? I don't mind moding, infact i would prefer to do the work and make it more individual, especially as i am wanting to build a Sandtrooper kit (Deployed/Dirty)

Also would the 501st accept the MRCE helmet with FX body armor?

Cheers,

Jamie

Yes there are many troopers with the MRCE and FX armor. There is a couple good post on how to modify the MRCE.

Thats great, thanks, i will track down the posts. Just think that for my first helmet i would like to experiment without spending big money. I can then aim to get a better more accurate bucket at a later date and use the MRCE one for parties etc.

Thanks again

Thats great, thanks, i will track down the posts. Just think that for my first helmet i would like to experiment without spending big money. I can then aim to get a better more accurate bucket at a later date and use the MRCE one for parties etc.

Thanks again

Don't get me wrong, the MRCE is a great helmet, but there is work that needs to be done to it. On the other hand, you can purchase a helmet that you will need to trim, assemble and paint for less than $200. Take a look at the ATA helmet builds here :)

I would have bought a full AP kit if I were you. They're not more expensive than an FX armour with an MRCE lid and I think you will be more happy with it. The FX needs to be trimmed to look good on slim people, and it's the least screen accurate armour.

There is also a new armour in progress, which might be interesting for you, AM. I don't know when it's for sale, but you might want to check it out. It's from the same guy who makes FX, but it's improved a lot.

Thanks to all for your help.

TE2 armor now ordered.

Many thanks,

Jamie

Just found this thread, i was going to add that our DL Paul is 6ft and slim build and sports a TE2 and wears it very well. TE2 is a awesome way to go!!!!! ure set up!!!