TM ESB Bucket

Hi all

I will be soon in receipt of my new TM armour, so i have to ask now, how i go about readying my new lid for full trooping use, i.e, padding out, (how do i go about padding it) what i mean by that is how do you know where to put the padding inside the lid, and how much and what type of padding to use, i will also be purchasing a rom fx, kit shortly when the next run is ready, and finally (Phew) what about installing a fan in the lid, i am not technically minded, so if anyone thinks it should be done by someone with a little savvy, please say so, my new kit cost me a small fortune and i dont want to risk ruining it.

Finally, is there anywhere in the uk, people use to buy the fan for the lid? can kit be bought, or do you again have to make it up from bits? or are most of us buying from the usa.

Sorry for the lengthy post, but its the techie bits that worry me the most, and especially when talking about the lid as i dont see how i can do with out the fan, inside my lid, and i dont want to be without the rom fx kit, as it sounds awesome.

Any advice that i can get i would be most grateful for.

If it's screen accuracy you are going for then it was just a piece of star shaped foam pushed in to the crown. Otherwise it's up to you really. some people go for the high impact foam used for knee pads that can be found on ebay and work wear stores. Fans again can be found here.There was a recent thread on squirrel fans as they push the most air on this forum and I beleve there is someone in the UK that does ready made systems for you lid.

hers some links:

-----

these are just some of the threads I found using the search button.....enjoy.......

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

I ripped the lining out of a tee-ball helmet and put it in my TM. Works like a charm.

15 bucks. Not bad!

-----------

If you want, I can snap a couple of pics of it inside the helmet when I get home tonight-- just lemme know.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

sskunky said:
If it's screen accuracy you are going for then it was just a piece of star shaped foam pushed in to the crown. Otherwise it's up to you really. some people go for the high impact foam used for knee pads that can be found on ebay and work wear stores. Fans again can be found here.There was a recent thread on squirrel fans as they push the most air on this forum and I beleve there is someone in the UK that does ready made systems for you lid.

hers some links:

-----

these are just some of the threads I found using the search button.....enjoy.......

Thanks buddy

I found this, is it any good ? does anyone know please, and would it fit into a TM bucket properly ?

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Sp Rhino said:
Thanks buddy

I found this, is it any good ? does anyone know please

-----

I had one of those in my bucket when I purchased it from Pete, and it's *very* well put together... however, in my experience, the eye-holes did match up with the lenses in the helmet, and all of my efforts to correct it fell short-- the lining would keep trying to shift around in the bucket and cover the lenses. You might have better luck, but I found it just wasn't a good fit.

I had one of those in my bucket when I purchased it from Pete, and it's *very* well put together... however, in my experience, the eye-holes did match up with the lenses in the helmet, and all of my efforts to correct it fell short-- the lining would keep trying to shift around in the bucket and cover the lenses. You might have better luck, but I found it just wasn't a good fit.

Thank you