Can't (cleanly) remove my Hasbro E-11 scope cover

Tau-1

I've tried to remove my Hasbro E-11's scope cover (at the rear of the scope) cleanly by pulling it straight out and I am unable to, it seems like it is completely glued in place. I'm thinking about removing it using my rotary tool and am looking for ideas as to what to get to use as a replacement cover (planning on putting in an LED inside the scope and using a laser transparency to use a scope decal). Thanks!

I've tried to remove my Hasbro E-11's scope cover (at the rear of the scope) cleanly by pulling it straight out and I am unable to, it seems like it is completely glued in place. I'm thinking about removing it using my rotary tool and am looking for ideas as to what to get to use as a replacement cover (planning on putting in an LED inside the scope and using a laser transparency to use a scope decal). Thanks!

On my hasbro I sanded the edge where they apply the glue, left side of scope. I then took an exacto #11 and cut around the ridge of scope. I then, carefully, pried at the end cap with small screwdriver. Once I got it to loosen up, I again used the exacto. I pried again, but rushed it and cracked the cap slightly. I was able to remove it and keep the little tab area intact. I then sanded the inside of the cracked area and applied a coat of epoxy, then sanded that smooth. I sanded the outside of the crack and then used a little bondo. It is best to use the hasbro cap, it looks cleaner and allows you to insert a lens and re-install. In my build thread you can see pics of the cap and the ESB lens I used. I think a lot of guys rush and cut or snap the scope. Just take a little time with it and you will be successful.

My 2 credits

Thanks, I put a bit more thought into it and here's what I did:

I ended up taking out (breaking off) the back of the cap since I will be putting in my own scope decal w/clear plastic there anyway. Once that was done (got rid of the sharp edges with my rotary tool), I then saw the little "lip" where the cap goes and was then able to shove a thin screwdriver to help break the seal. Once that was done, the cap slid off. I will be recreating a new ring edge using MagicSculp but now also see that inside, at the top of the back of the scope there's a post that I need to cut off & file down as that will block a little bit of the LED light I plan on installing.

I thought about using one of my X-Acto blades, but wanted something thin enough to pry in there, as well as use it to gently lift it to make the adjacent areas open up, so I ended up using a jewelry flat head tool as it can handle that kind of pressure better than an X-Acto blade.

I just reviewed my build thread and realized that I actually used a L shaped pick tool to run around the seam after doing the x-acto and prying. This is where I rushed and this pick tool and the wrong angle created the small crack. It has been awhile since I finished my blaster that I got foggy on the details.

Here is a pic of the scope, end cap and pick tool.

hasbro2.jpg

This pick tool is really good for many projects in one way or another. I can't believe I forgot. I hope this is more helpful now.