Assorted goodies inside lid...

I am looking at getting a new RT-Mod bucket, but have no idea what the latest greatest things are that could/would go inside of it. Can I get some specific help from the keepers of the knowledge? Rob mentioned he has a 'communications package' but as of yet I am unable to determine what that contains. Anything else I should look for?

Thanks,

Mike

Hello. How about introducing yourself over in the New Member Introductions section? ;)

Fans, speakers, voice changers, and a microphone are pretty typical of the electronics we like to stuff inside our helmets. I've heard of some installing 2-way radios, but I haven't personally seen any in use.

And I am DEFINITELY interested in more details regarding this "communications package" and especially whether or not I can retrofit my RT-Mod bucket with it.

Some troopers paint the insides of their helmets black, to make it look more "solid" and realistic. Some have even installed liners or padding inside (like a motorcycle helmet), to give it some depth / thickness.

Most people use some kind of voice amplifier / voice changer, others have used 2 way radios in the past, but the people in front of you will never really hear it since the helmet dampens the volume of your voice a lot (hence the need for a voice amp).

Actual fitment could be had either through the use of a hardhat liner or foam padding.

In the electronics area thread there are several threads about this with awesome pics, just in case.