My ANH stunt build progress (pic heavy)[*FX]

Since I like reading other people's build threads I thought I'd post the progress I'm making with my FX ANH build. This is my first build (but probably not my last).

Here's the box when it showed up. It's an FX kit (minus helmet) from TupperwareTK.

PICT5484.jpg

and the box opened, very nicely packed

PICT5486.jpg

Here's some work on the forearm. I started there, and followed Dave's Garage on Youtube (excellent tutorial, BTW)

PICT5487.jpg

Working on the biceps, forearms are done here

PICT5488.jpg

Here's the abs and kidneys, shimmed with the included ABS from the kit. I glued the shim onto the Ab, and velcro'ed to the kidney. The crotch is snapped with some elastic, and the whole kit is held up by contractor suspenders (sown in the back to shorten). You can see the belt I'm working on, using FirebladeJedi's tutorial.

PICT5497.jpg

PICT5498.jpg

Here's the chest armor, test-fitted. It's velcro'ed to the suspender straps

PICT5501.jpg

PICT5502.jpg

My scratch built left-handed holster (the one I got in the kit was a righty)

PICT5506.jpg

PICT5507.jpg

My scratch built neck seal. I might wind up replacing this with something that covers the chest as well.

PICT5328.jpg

The boots. These started as black, had 5 coats of white leather dye and 2 coats of gloss white spray paint. I used white fabric paint to do the elastic.

PICT5493.jpg

and last but definately not least, my modded MRCE helmet. I added the walmart voice changer and a fan, painted the inside with a rubberized black paint, added batting helmet pads, filled the crack, inserted the ear screws and replaced the lenses.

PICT5476a.jpg

PICT5475.jpg

The shins are complete as well, but I forgot to take pics of those. I'll post again when there's more!

Almost there!

PICT5512.jpg

It looks like I need to adjust the strapping on the left thigh, or it's sitting funny. The chest seems too high, lifting the straps and bells. I've since added the drop boxes and hand plates, as well as the sniper plate. I'm having trouble figuring out the positioning of the ammo strip for the right leg.

PICT5515.jpg

The end of the belt still needs to be dressed up, and the top of the loops for the holster cut back. The blue tape was the cut line, but I think I want someone with a better idea of what they are doing to take a look at it before I cut it. Again, the chest and back are too high and the bells are wonky. (The socks are non-issue as well!)

Please, comment away!

(I had no idea this was so hot!)

Looking good so far. :)

The left thigh issue seems to be endemic to the FX suit, as mine did the same thing at first. After some fine-tuning and adjustment it's now at about the same level as the right. You might want to add some black strapping within the shoulder bells that will wrap around the bicep armor and help keep the bells in place when you move your arms.

Do you still have the chest piece velcroed to your suspender straps? That might be why it and the back piece are up so high, but I'm not sure. The majority of suits I've seen just let those pieces "float" on top of the ab & kidney plates, although I have seen some use velcro along the back of the chest armor to secure it to the ab piece. Also, I think you're wise to take another look at where you make the cut on the butt piece to make the seperation. For a lot of us the preformed line is too high up and makes it difficult to properly show the seperation beneath the belt (if you are interested in obtaining EIB). It might be best to have someone help you measure where the seperation would be seen with the belt on and make the cut there instead.

Overall it's all coming together nicely! Looking forward to seeing it finished.

It looks like I need to adjust the strapping on the left thigh, or it's sitting funny. The chest seems too high, lifting the straps and bells. I've since added the drop boxes and hand plates, as well as the sniper plate. I'm having trouble figuring out the positioning of the ammo strip for the right leg.

Are you using nylon strapping or Elastic? I would loose any elastic (with the exception of holding the ab and back plate) all together. Also, I would remove the shoulder strap connection to the back plate, and let it hang loose. It will allow the chest and back to be at the right height. You may need to use a heat gun to shape the shoulder straps, but it will look better.

On the right leg ammo box, line up the center box with the seam on the from of the thigh, and then wrap both directions. Use tape so the bottom sides of the belt sit even with the thigh piece.

I tried to see if I had any pics to show this, but alas, I am picless!!

Hope this helps.

I've submitted my photos for basic 501'st membership. Hopefully in the time it takes that to process I'll be able to fix the strapping issues. Right now it's all elastic. That will be modified very shortly to webbing. Should the thigh be strapped both front and back, or just the front? I noticed the back of the knee isn't lined up just right. Some of that is how I had to trim it to fit, the rest is because it seems to rotate on it's own. I just noticed my boot soles are still white as well. That will need to be corrected soon too. The TD is held on temporarily with velcro, the Tandy clips are in the mail and will replace them upon arrival. I'll be removing the velcro off the back of the shoulder straps and heating them to stay down too. I need to restrap the bells, and will do that a different way too. I also noticed that the first time I put the chest plate on it scratched the paint off my top Ab button (brand new VaderDave's too!) How can I stop that from happening once I repaint it?

101_3268.jpg

101_3291.jpg

101_3297.jpg

Here are some more from different angles. Once I get the official TK and the strapping issues worked out I'll be applying for Elite.

101_3275.jpg

101_3278.jpg

101_3281.jpg

Damn, you can see the foam stuffed in my bicep too... :(