Some stupid belt questions...

TK3202

I'll be upgrading my TK belt to the cloth kind. I currently have the plastic FX belt (that I hate) but I have some questions...

First, the "rivet caps" on the end and the middle of the belt are molded into the belt design. How am I supposed to put the cloth belt on the abs part if I can't put these caps on the rivots to hide them as they are part of the mold itself?

Second, my belt is attached to the ab piece itself via what looks like a small screw or bolt or something (shrug). I'm not at my suit right now to look, but one on each end of the plastic belt holds each side in so it can pivot on that one bolt. Should I just cut the cloth belt so it attaches in a similar way so i dont have to deal with taking the belt off the ab piece?

Third, where do I get the metal clips for the thermal detonator as I'm only using velcro atm?

I didn't assemble my belt part (was done for me) so this is why I know so little about this area of the gear. If anyone knows what the heck I'm talking about, please help :(. I'll provide pics if I can tonight.

Thanks

Darryl

TK3202

I'll be upgrading my TK belt to the cloth kind. I currently have the plastic FX belt (that I hate) but I have some questions...

First, the "rivet caps" on the end and the middle of the belt are molded into the belt design. How am I supposed to put the cloth belt on the abs part if I can't put these caps on the rivots to hide them as they are part of the mold itself?

Second, my belt is attached to the ab piece itself via what looks like a small screw or bolt or something (shrug). I'm not at my suit right now to look, but one on each end of the plastic belt holds each side in so it can pivot on that one bolt. Should I just cut the cloth belt so it attaches in a similar way so i dont have to deal with taking the belt off the ab piece?

Third, where do I get the metal clips for the thermal detonator as I'm only using velcro atm?

I didn't assemble my belt part (was done for me) so this is why I know so little about this area of the gear. If anyone knows what the heck I'm talking about, please help :(. I'll provide pics if I can tonight.

Thanks

Darryl

TK3202

Hey Darryl,

My girlfriend and I are currently making the belts.

If you want, I'm doing belt assembly, so the first 5 guys on my list (interest list) are getting complete belt assembly free, eg: holster riveted on, belt front riveted on, thermal detonator attached to money clips, and belt assembled in canvas with elastic inset for sturdiness. After the 5 are done, I'm going to estimate charging 40-50 bucks for a completely assembled belt.

My girlfriend is estimating 15-20 bucks for the canvas belt, and because I love assembling armor, I just figured I'd start a belt assembly service if people buy the belts from us. If your interested, you'd basically cover shipping both ways, my house and yours, and ship me your holster, plastic belt, and drop boxes and thermal detonator. And I shall do it for you.

I'll show you a pic of my assembly when I get home later today.

- Fitz