Tips for Using Bietrun Wireless Microphone

Fellow troopers,

Many of you might be interested in using a wireless microphone for trooping. I currently do and I highly recommend it for those who want to limit the hassle of dealing with wired microphones.

One popular choice in my experience has been the Bietrun WMX01 that can be purchased in the US on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PPDR5NT/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1. The only disadvantage I have had in using this system is when another trooper is also using the same system/frequency. Essentially, the first person to set up their connection will broadcast to all receivers simultaneously. As there is no manual channel changing capability, the affected troopers need to work together to set up separate channels as per the Quick Start Guide: https://www.bietrun.com/_files/ugd/65b1fe_2b21ae6b181944d09ad3936387ff9c37.pdf.

I have two sets and tested this method myself so I know it works, the only hassle is that it requires some cooperation and time. I suspect similar products have similar instructions for using multiple units in proximity to one another. I haven't found an inexpensive headset with a simple switch-controlled channel changer yet, so I hope this helps those who are using similar mics and have had problems like this. Just to be prepared, I carry a print version of the Quick Start Guide in my bin should troubleshooting become necessary.

Happy trooping!

Screenshot 2023-04-01 131808.png

Screenshot 2023-04-01 132842.png