REAL vents for a TK helmet

Hey all,

I have this idea to improve ventilation for my MR CE helmet, but I am really nervous about it and I don't know where to start. You see I want to put a lot of padding inside to make it very snug (like a motorcycle helmet) but after reading posts from the forums, a primary concern of mine is going to be the heat, because I am going to want to wear it for extended periods of time. So i had this idea to actually cut real slits in the back two trapezoids:

tN8AUsg.jpg

(image courtesy of wannabetrooper)

Obviously the slits I would cut would follow each of the black lines. I would then put fans inside the helmet to expel hot air out the back.

So my question is, do you think this would be possible? I have no idea, so I also need to ask what sort of tool can do this? I envisioned that I would need to use some kind of small drill, with a specially teethed drill bit for cutting. Anyone know of such a tool? I am also really concerned because I desperately don't want to mess up my helmet doing this, so I am asking you all before I take on this task. All suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021