Hard Part Sizing

So I was curious if there's anyone who's dealt with this issue.  I bought armor initially when I was about 20 and I've trooped in it regularly since that time (over a decade now).  The issue I'm having is I continued growing taller and now my thigh armor is noticeably too short (it's the correct size when compared to other troopers, but my gaps between hard parts, especially in my legs is much larger that other troopers). The parts of the cod are shorter than I'd like them to be as well with me being too tall.

Has anyone tried getting lengthening any parts to get them to fit better? Do you think it would look strange to see a TK with thigh armor that 2-3" longer than everyone elses?

Maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but I'd like to get some feedback if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Neb Sgird said:

Some pics would help us see just how bad the problem is and give you better advice :) 

Of course.  I'm going to be wearing it in about a week (got some major repairs to make, it was in my tote sitting in my garage which isn't insulated and the Arizona summer happened to it.)  Pics will happen at that time.

The left knee isn't so noticeable (the knee plate covers part of the gap), but my right leg has a giant space (at least 3-5") between the bottom of the thigh plate and the top of the shin. 

Probably not noticeable to the public, but it bothers me.