Mics + Aker

The mic that came with my Anker speaker seems to leave a bit to be desired.   It's almost like it needs to be positioned just right to really pick up even with adjustments in with my TKTalkie.   

Does anyone else struggle with the included mic?    Any suggestions for better mics?

Edited by Plainsrunner

Some use a unidirectional mic like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PMEM1-Headworn-Omni-Directional-Microphone/dp/B003D2S7HA/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519002883&sr=1-13&keywords=headset+microphone

My experience with it? It's ok. Not great, but ok.

Honestly, I've found that the headset that comes with the Aker amp works best. You just have the mic both correctly oriented (it's a directional mic so there is a right way and a wrong way it should be facing) and literally sitting on your lower lip. You also need to get into the habit of speaking loudly and enunciating your speech, almost to the point of exaggeration. Mumbling simply won't cut it.

Doesn't sound ideal.    I'm surprised someone has come up with a better mic for this use.    I adjusted the mic so that it was kinda pointed in towards my mouth and almost touching my lower lip and it seemed to pick up my voice a lot better.    I can't help but think there has to be something better somewhere.

• 5 months later...
On 2/18/2018 at 7:18 PM, tkrestonva said:

Some use a unidirectional mic like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Pyle-Pro-PMEM1-Headworn-Omni-Directional-Microphone/dp/B003D2S7HA/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1519002883&sr=1-13&keywords=headset+microphone

My experience with it? It's ok. Not great, but ok.

Honestly, I've found that the headset that comes with the Aker amp works best. You just have the mic both correctly oriented (it's a directional mic so there is a right way and a wrong way it should be facing) and literally sitting on your lower lip. You also need to get into the habit of speaking loudly and enunciating your speech, almost to the point of exaggeration. Mumbling simply won't cut it.

Hi,

Could you tell me where to buy the speaker and the mic?

Thanks!