Weird Al Concert w Garrison Tyranus

tkrestonva

On Sunday I trooped the "Weird Al" Yankovic concert at the Filene Center for the Performing Arts (i.e. Wolf Trap) in Vienna, VA. This was one of the final stops on his "Mandatory World Tour", at the conclusion of which I'm told he'll be taking a couple of years off from the touring circuit to focus on other endeavors.

For those who are unaware, Weird Al likes to tap the 501st Legion when he goes on tour and he shows a strong preference for classic TKs, usually requesting Vader and about 4-8 stormtroopers. Other armored/helmeted characters are welcome in more limited numbers (usually no more than one or two). If you get the chance to participate, I highly recommend doing so as they are a ton of fun, and Al (and his crew) is a great guy - and he's a true SW fan. :)

There were a total of 13 of us this time around - 8 stormtroopers (6 OT & 2 TFA), Vader, Boba Fett, an R2D2 (and his handler/controller), a photographer/videographer, and the overall event coordinator (who was also on-deck as a TK in case one of our primary TKs dropped out at the last moment).

A few videos:

------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 3