RT Mod Shin Question

cemtrooper

Thanks in advance for tolerating the upcoming noob questions from me!

So my RT Mod ANH shins have no raised seam in the back (butt joint with cover strips).  It would appear there used to be a raised seam and Rob has eliminated that for better customized fit options.  My question is this - What do I velcro to what to make it both durable and screen accurate????????????  Do I need to use those things that confounded me in the ninth grade?  Would the holes go on the inside shim/strip?

Thanks again,

Chris

Thanks in advance for tolerating the upcoming noob questions from me!

So my RT Mod ANH shins have no raised seam in the back (butt joint with cover strips).  It would appear there used to be a raised seam and Rob has eliminated that for better customized fit options.  My question is this - What do I velcro to what to make it both durable and screen accurate????????????  Do I need to use those things that confounded me in the ninth grade?  Would the holes go on the inside shim/strip?

Thanks again,

Chris

Both are accepted at all levels of approval. The bra clips are screen accurate. If you don't care either way, go velcro. 

Outer calf half gets the cover strip btw. 

Right shin

gallery_12157_59_18998.jpg

Left

gallery_12157_59_3284_1.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Chris,

As Tony said above, either Velcro or the hooks are acceptable.  My build thread (page 4, I believe) shows the assembly process for my RT shins.  There is a link to the thread in my signature below.

Mine are closed by way of the hooks, but there are others around that use Velcro, and those can be used as a reference as well.  

For Velcro, personally, I would put the soft/fuzzy stuff in the inside half of the shins (without the cover strip) and wrap it around the plastic.  I would then put the hook stuff on the cover strip and allow it to overlap the seam onto the inside of the shin's outer half.

Hopefully, that makes sense.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask for help,if you need it!

• Like 1

Hey Chris,

As Tony said above, either Velcro or the hooks are acceptable.  My build thread (page 4, I believe) shows the assembly process for my RT shins.  There is a link to the thread in my signature below.

Mine are closed by way of the hooks, but there are others around that use Velcro, and those can be used as a reference as well.  

For Velcro, personally, I would put the soft/fuzzy stuff in the inside half of the shins (without the cover strip) and wrap it around the plastic.  I would then put the hook stuff on the cover strip and allow it to overlap the seam onto the inside of the shin's outer half.

Hopefully, that makes sense.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask for help,if you need it!

Makes perfect sense - so just have the hook stuff on the covering strip and fuzzy stuff on BOTH inside and outside seams.  Great build thread BTW, I appreciate the effort.  I'm not doing a great job at documenting my progress but will try to do better.

You only need hook Velcro on the underside of the cover strip, just the part that overlaps the other shin. If your rear shin cover strip is approx. 25mm, you only need 12mm of hook Velcro on the underside. On the opposite half of the shin, you only need 12mm of fuzzy Velcro where the cover strip overlaps it.<br><br>

Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1