Whats a good price for armour?

Master Obsidian

CA boots are great for trooping but if you want a more accurate pair of boots. Get a set of jodhpur boots riding boots paint them white. the way i count it, CA boots are around 90 shipped. the Jodhpur boots from the UK will run you 65 to 70 bucks shipped and are far more accurate but it's really up to you.

On my TE i spent around 800 or 900 bucks on it

on my E-11 i droped aound 120 or 130 maybe more saved money modding it myself

a resin casting. i made to look like an ANH E-11 B2 version i dont own it anymore

I tryed it for a Hyperfrim MG-34 :(

the body suit i got for about 15 bucks got a sweet deal from a dancer LOL

CA boots

Neck seal is a cheaper one least i think so.

also upgrading my suit with parts from other venders replacing velcro belt

ect..ect...

all and all i think i spent over 1300 or more on my suit

I am now working on a TD and the price is passing what i was planing on spending. :blink: accuracy = money

I say if you can get an accurate suit go for it! i keep hearing talk of the FX being pushed out of the 501st soon?

Thanks alot for the info guys, it was very helpful. To tell you the truth I had no idea that Hasbro still sold E-11 Blasters. http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ShoppingCart.htm? The last time I saw one sold in the stores was back in the 70's. I thought I was going to have to buy an old used one off E-Bay and that conversion kit looks pretty good also. I think this might be the way to go, the boots and other accessories I will leave till later before I make my decision. ...errr whats TD stand for ? ...I'm still new. :unsure:

So far I've put around $1400 into my kit. I'll go ahead and jump on the bandwagon and give a breakdown:

$850 - FX armor kit, bodysuit, neckseal, gloves, CA boots, and orange pauldron, including shipping (yeah, paid a bit too much... but it was at least convenient getting everything at once.)

$120 - various snaps, straps, rivets, velcro, elastic and glue for assembly

$20 - canvas and accessories for belt construction

$100 - E-11 blaster

$280 - Totally awesome ANHv2 helmet, including shipping and $40 trimming fee

$20 - RustOleum spray paint, Bondo putty, and sandpaper for outside of helmet

$40 - small brushless fans, switches, wire and wire tubing for inside of helmet

Definitely you can surprise yourself with how much extra you spend just on those "little essentials" needed to finish your armor. It definitely pays to have the right tools and supplies on hand, though, so don't skimp too much. :)

EDIT: "TD" is the costume designation prefix for sandtroopers, i.e., TD-1296 as opposed to TK-1296. I assume the 'D' stands for 'desert'. :lol: