Larger chest plate?

stahler72

I have been trooping for the better part of six months and recently refit my armor to fit my body shape a bit better.  I am extremely pleases with the outcome The only thing that I am not happy about is that I am a larger guy 6'2" 250 lbs and there is too much black under suit showing on my shoulder area.  Does anyone make a chest piece that is about 10-15% larger?  If so, who should I talk to?

Incidentally, my refit made the elastic in the shoulders about 2" longer than my initial build so there is no longer a gap in the armor between the chest and the abdomen.  Also, the cod piece actually covers my...uh, cod (for lack of a better term)  Now when I pose for pictures with little kids I won't be thinking about my parts hanging lower than the armor...  "hey, this is going to be on your family calendar next year..."

The picture in the crowd was me trooping the AZ Diamondbacks Star Wars Night a couple months ago.  I am third in line.  As you can see... too much black showing accross the chest (The gap in the chest/abdomen and sides being too big were fixed with the refit.)

The pictures in my kitchen were post refit.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Doug King

TK-21613

Dune Sea Garrison

post-24215-0-15583400-1470267004_thumb.jpg

post-24215-0-41347100-1470267536_thumb.jpg

post-24215-0-09061600-1470267547_thumb.jpg

I am in a similar position my friend. I too made the mistake of ordering the wrong size kit. I did not do enough research. I sure thought I did. RT is the kit you and I should have chosen. I made my AP kit work the best I could. I bent those bells, and shimmed those thighs.. I did manage to obtain EIB, but it will be impossible to obtain level 3 until I get an RT kit and start over or at least get separate parts. 

Good Luck, and look up RT Mod. That is who you want to go through for bigger parts. 

• Like 1

Hey there Doug, first off, nice work on the refit. It definitely looks better.

As the others have said, RT-Mod is probably the best bet.

If you look at photos from the posts I have linked in my signature, you'll see my RT kit. For reference, I am 6'2" and anywhere from 215-230 in the various pictures.

One other tidbit that will help, when attaching your shoulder bridges to the chest, assure that you have the large rectangle and three to five of the smaller ones attached to the chest plate. That will give you a better look, and a better fit over the shoulders. ;)

• Like 1