Tip: the tab and slot right side closure

I know this isn't screen accurate and it's not for everyone. But I tried it out on a friends build and it works pretty good!

I made a video that describes a "tab to slot" closure for the right side of the torso. This prevents the abdomen from becoming misaligned with the kidney. I think a few people have done something similar to this but I've never done it on one of my builds. 

It's simply some scrap 2mm thick and plastic glued to the kidney side. It has a slight bend in the plastic along the edge of the kidney, may 10-15 degrees.

This lines up with a slot on the abdomen that's also made from 2mm abs plastic, glued to 2 risers. The total lentgh of the tab and slot could vary depending on armor type, so I didn't include that info. But the tab sticks out about 1.25" from the kidney. The slot is made from a 1.25" wide strip, sitting on two 1.25" x 1.25" squares, glued to the abdomen.

The torso can be held shut with a simple Tandy line 24 snap which is visible on the upper corner of the abdomen.

• Like 6