Tips for Stunt Armor

EB081997

So a friend of mine and I are looking to make films someday. We have begun with short films for Youtube and have thrown the idea around for fan films for Star Wars and other franchises we enjoyed as kids. One of my ideas for our SW short film would be following a Stormtrooper closely. I have yet to construct my first armor kit but am working on it. So, my questions are these:

1) Is there any way of making armor that is authentic enough to please those of the 501st with keen eyes, but also be sturdy and durable enough for scenes of diving away from explosion, or even sprinting through the woods with the possibility of a trip and fall here and there?

2) Are there things I should know about making armor so that I can maximize performance for action scenes that I should invest into before buying pieces?

3) Are there any of those in the FISD or 501st who are willing to act as extras or even play roles in the short film if need be?

4) Any things I should know about the 501st, FISD, or other groups so that I stay within guidelines and rules of said groups?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to Trooping soon!

TL;DR Avid cinephiles looking to make a Stormtrooper fanfilm. Need help making armor that can take a bit of a beating during filming. Might be interested in having some 501st as extras.