Is this a reasonable price?

Andreastrooper

So this guy on a famous listingpage in my country is asking around 9000 NOK = 1000 usd. It is unpainted and untrimmed. Is this a good price? Or should i wait to order the anovos version? Does anybody know hat the realese date for the preorder and what the pricemark is?

post-26338-0-53776500-1450926723_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andreastrooper

That looks pretty far off the mark if you're looking to get 501st approval or want to be screen accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What justifies your statement?

That's Jims kit and he is 501st approved in multiple costumes if I recall. Also a bunch of people have already gotten his kit and been approved to my knowledge. The kit has to be cut, sanded, bonded, and fitted before one can judge it's accuracy in my opinion :)

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The above pictured armor is an earlier version of Jims kits I believe. If you look through his entire build thread you'll start to see where he made improvements. Here are a few things to note:

1. Butt plate is way off. Cod piece too though I don't know if he has changed that.

2. Spats

3. Clips on helmet. He made those lower profile in later versions.

4. "Widows peek" in calf pieces

Here are some pics of both screen used and Anovos to compare with:

100cf88d8e45a9b31e788fa2b4fcefdd.jpgd3a6daf6f68a4de7e4ef1243c53f91bc.jpg1e5df9b8f9d8630c90d2e7b79225ddba.jpg217bbdbe3623bd2f5ef5b8631189870d.jpgeb63580aeff404a1a3cf6e6b3d7e6078.jpg

Edited by biogradbooth

If they sell the kit for 1800-2000 they are high beyond the world. I think 1800 should be ensembled not a damn kit!

Yeah tell me about it. But it's new, fresh, and off of screen used resources. So there ya go. But I don't think it needs paint, as it's vaformed. I could be wrong. I didn't have the test armor like guys in the 501st. Still, you could get an $800/900 kit from jim, test it, if you don't like it return it or sell it off as opposed to dropping close to $2000. Again though, just going based off of what I've heard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yeah tell me about it. But it's new, fresh, and off of screen used resources. So there ya go. But I don't think it needs paint, as it's vaformed. I could be wrong. I didn't have the test armor like guys in the 501st. Still, you could get an $800/900 kit from jim, test it, if you don't like it return it or sell it off as opposed to dropping close to $2000. Again though, just going based off of what I've heard.

I'm trying to research this 1800 anvos kit. I can't find any video or article to support it. Do you by chance have a article or link supporting that or is it just hearsay right now?

I'm trying to research this 1800 anvos kit. I can't find any video or article to support it. Do you by chance have a article or link supporting that or is it just hearsay right now?

No I wish I did. I forget what it was based on but someone in the 501st gave that estimate. Personally id like a definite answer. Is assume if Animefan is selling his for 1400 anovos can no way be cheaper than that

No I wish I did. I forget what it was based on but someone in the 501st gave that estimate. Personally id like a definite answer. Is assume if Animefan is selling his for 1400 anovos can no way be cheaper than that

Animefan? Link me if you don't mind. Yeah that's what I'm saying I feel like it will be cheaper than the hearsay, but then again that might just be me being optimistic

I would also have to agree, that's one of Jim's older versions. Since he's began making it, it's been upgraded and changed multiple times. There is an ongoing thread on the rpf with his improvements and sales list. He also seems to be offering a Phasma upgrade kit, which I'm going to try out when I get my set in March. From my emailing with him, he's really nice and seems to want the sets out to everyone ASAP. I also think some of those issues were resolved, but I could be wrong. Honestly, if there was something he changed later, it seems like he would probably sell it to you if you needed it for approval, or if you just liked it. I think you just need to ask sometimes.

Edited by alexx2208
  • Like 1