ANH Hero and Stunt Trooper differences

Blackbomber

Hello there, I just recently joined the FISD and I am currently looking into my Stormtrooper Uniform. The trouble Im having is I would like to make ANH Storm trooper uniform, but what are the differences between the Hero Stormtrooper and The Stunt trooper. Why are there two different Stormtroopers for the New Hope? If someone would like to tell me what the differences are, I would very much appreciate it! Thanks and have a Great Day Troopers!!!

Hey there Chris,

The differences can be seen by researching the CRLs (Costume Reference Libraries) for each of the costumes. They are primarily differences in the helmet and belt.

As for the "why" there are two different TKs, that's pretty simple.

Back before HD and home viewing, costume shops for movie productions typically made two different "versions" of many of the props that they made. The "Stunt" versions were more widely produced (typically) and were never meant to be viewed close up on screen. The "Hero" versions were made in smaller numbers, and were meant to be used for all of the close-up shots, to ensure that all of the proper details were evident and on display consistently during the movie.

Many new people think that "Hero" and "Stunt" were specific to Star Wars, and the fact that the Rebel Scum "Heroes" were wearing those helmets, but they really have nothing to do with that. ;) They're just terms from the industry.

• Like 4

Hey there Chris,

The differences can be seen by researching the CRLs (Costume Reference Libraries) for each of the costumes. They are primarily differences in the helmet and belt.

As for the "why" there are two different TKs, that's pretty simple.

Back before HD and home viewing, costume shops for movie productions typically made two different "versions" of many of the props that they made. The "Stunt" versions were more widely produced (typically) and were never meant to be viewed close up on screen. The "Hero" versions were made in smaller numbers, and were meant to be used for all of the close-up shots, to ensure that all of the proper details were evident and on display consistently during the movie.

Many new people think that "Hero" and "Stunt" were specific to Star Wars, and the fact that the Rebel Scum "Heroes" were wearing those helmets, but they really have nothing to do with that. ;) They're just terms from the industry.

Thank you very much!!!

• Like 1