Getting started with stormtrooper armor -- molded polyurethane

I'm embarking on a new journey. I'm going to make a complete set of the highest quality stormtrooper armor possible. I'm thinking this will take me ten years or so, as I have no experience. Here's how far I've gotten so far. 

Parts of the storm trooper in "The Force Awakens" was made by molded polyurethane. I suppose that means that a mold was used. Has anyone come across good resources on how to build molds for helmets or have any other information? 

Edited by murat

Actually, sources tell that the parts for the film used suits were a polyurethane resin but they were all 3D printed. Most processes to make any of the armor you see here including the latest First Order TKs were all vacuformed plastic. The mold making and vacuform processes are sciences filled with methods and procedures that really cannot be explained on a single thread post like this. I suggest you start researching several sources at once including basic internet searches as well as you tube.

• Like 1

Actually, sources tell that the parts for the film used suits were a polyurethane resin but they were all 3D printed. Most processes to make any of the armor you see here including the latest First Order TKs were all vacuformed plastic. The mold making and vacuform processes are sciences filled with methods and procedures that really cannot be explained on a single thread post like this. I suggest you start researching several sources at once including basic internet searches as well as you tube.

That's really interesting. I googled a bunch of the prop people from the movie but couldn't find too much info. Do you know any sources that talk about the processes the movie people took?

Also, thanks for the leads!