Nylon Snap Plates - How Tight on the Snaps?

So I'm about to make the switch to snaps.  How tight should the snaps be on the material?  Should the snap be able to freely rotate or should it be clamped down to the point of where it can't rotate?

Sorry, I searched and couldn't find an answer to this.

For the male snaps that you would use for the snap plates you will want them tight enough so they won't move. For the female snaps on your actual strapping I have found sometimes no matter how tight you make them they will still rotate. It's not really a big deal for the female side.

For the male snaps that you would use for the snap plates you will want them tight enough so they won't move. For the female snaps on your actual strapping I have found sometimes no matter how tight you make them they will still rotate. It's not really a big deal for the female side.

Thanks for the help!  

• 3 weeks later...

If the snap rotate a bit, which it's not supposed to do. Use a philips screwdriver (star bit) and a hammer. Hit the middle of that thing, till it's not moving anymore.