Radio shack super ear

I'm not the greatest with electronics but I can solder with the best of them. Does anyone have a thread with a walkthrough on the components and building the super ear from radio shack? I don't want to build it incorrectly. Any help would be fantastic! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I don't have a walkthrough. I was puzzled at first when I first opened the package but after looking at the diagram for a while I was able to see how the resistors are color coded and their placement. Not too bad if you take your time and reference the front picture nd look at the diagram.

Yeah, I was nervous putting the polarized parts in but lots of second, third, fourth takes at the picture helped gaining confidence in doing it correctly. Google images for this kit and you will see a few other angles that might help too! Good luck!

Well, I failed. I think I know what went wrong.... One of the soldering of a capacitor was wonky so I'm going to try to get another one tomorrow and give it another shot. If I fail again, I hear there is someone here that makes them. I'll look for him then.

I failed too. A big disappointment in that I cannot find the problem. It just does not work. The traces are very close to each other much closer than they should be for a home build kit. I bet 90% of these things sold never work.

There is a amplifier from Canada that is prebuilt

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Update: I just couldn't let it go so I went over every bit and found they the solder donut for one of the resistors (the one that was by the wonky capacitor solder I mentioned) had pulled up off the board. Thankfully, the three solders are in line so I just fobbed a bit more solder onto all three and completed that line. About blew out my eardrums in the process. Now all I need to do is figure how to mount the sucker into my helmet and find a place for the mics. I know some people mount them inside the ear cups and drill small holes into the black rank line and others drill holes behind the brow strip. Any suggestions before I go am drilling holes and making huge mistakes on my bucket?