Rubies Odyssey Coming to an End - Not for 501st

SO, when I first got here, I had a very loose-fitting, wonky-looking piece of meat that was the Rubies attempt at what looks to be an ROTJ STormtrooper.

I had to do extensive work behind the armor to properly fasten the chest piece to the ab piece and still give it flexibility, as well as popping out the rivets in the shoulder straps (The dang things both broke off anyway), and then ditching the helmet (replaced with a NICE EFX) and starting to paint the Rubies E-11 Blaster. I did get a beautiful holster from SIngapore and will add it by the time I'm done with all finishing touches. I had to paint the armor because the Rubies armor looked like a "droopy blue-white) compared to the brilliant bright white of the EFX helmet.

So it's an ANH/ROTJ Hybrid/bastardization, and it's not good enough for the 501st, and I'm always going to want the ANH over the ROTJ any day anyway...(especially one made by TrooperMaster)

I'm not putting more effort into this so much with an ANovos order on the way, but what do you think? How does it look for Halloween, and the Salvation Army Stormy Bell-ringer?

eoqAZD2.jpg

7Nwwgya.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

To give it a nicer "kick" I would trim your shins down, they look way to big on you and maybe paint your ab buttons. 

P.S. Your right forearm should have the ribbed part on the outside, not on the inside like you are wearing it.