3D Printed Helmet Component

Hello,

I was really interested in this image I saw of the inside of the helmet:

2382858444_745127d2fd.jpg

A while back I decided to try to make it in 3D and see if I could get it printed. I had found somebody who said he'd print it but he never followed through with it and the project lost steam. I'll attach my first attempt at it. When I made this it was my first ever attempt at a functional 3D print and I didn't really know what I was doing. Since then I've gotten a job doing 3D printing and sculpting though so I'm a lot more confident at it now.

I thought this piece was cool because it looks cool and I can make the top a magnetic removable top that houses batteries and some tube could be fit in to power the fans. If there's any interest in this sort of thing let me know and I could make more of these components if somebody wanted, like that sea-shell shaped ear piece. 

I don't have access to a 3D printer right now unfortunately though, so if anyone does and wants to experiment with me let me know. Once the design is solid we could send to shapeways for a really clean plastic version that wouldn't show any visible seams.

post-19601-0-10593000-1441400407_thumb.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

• 4 months later...
On 9/5/2015 at 5:00 AM, bruvva said:

Hello,

I was really interested in this image I saw of the inside of the helmet:

2382858444_745127d2fd.jpg

A while back I decided to try to make it in 3D and see if I could get it printed. I had found somebody who said he'd print it but he never followed through with it and the project lost steam. I'll attach my first attempt at it. When I made this it was my first ever attempt at a functional 3D print and I didn't really know what I was doing. Since then I've gotten a job doing 3D printing and sculpting though so I'm a lot more confident at it now.

I thought this piece was cool because it looks cool and I can make the top a magnetic removable top that houses batteries and some tube could be fit in to power the fans. If there's any interest in this sort of thing let me know and I could make more of these components if somebody wanted, like that sea-shell shaped ear piece. 

I don't have access to a 3D printer right now unfortunately though, so if anyone does and wants to experiment with me let me know. Once the design is solid we could send to shapeways for a really clean plastic version that wouldn't show any visible seams.

Im currently doing test pints on my old heffer of  printer that i thought was truly dead...... Im even going out today in the snow to get some UHU Glue for it. I could try printing it, but i would need the files, preferable in .STL format, otherwise,, i can probably convert it, if need be. If you want, just PM them to me, and ill experiment...... If it works out, i can ship them out to you. 

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021