INC Trooper Colors?

Okay, so i am new to all of this armor building stuff and i am currently in the process of making a screen accurate ANH storm trooper helmet. I haven't fully constructed it yet so i was thinking i could make it an INC trooper helmet, but i don't know exactly what shade of red the armor is colored? Are there specifics on this for 501st approval? Also are there any tips on how to tape the helmet up correctly to get the right design of the INC trooper?

Hi Joseph, welcome to the forum!

For more detail on the paint schemes, refer to the Costumer Reference Library in the 501st.com website: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_incinerator

Also there are INC trooper builds in this forum so you can see how they assemble theirs.

Hi Joseph.

I am an Incinerator - the first in the UKG I believe. I started by buying the eFX Incinerator helmet so followed that paint colour on the armour. I found an exact match caller "Wine Red" by Plastikote. Now, I know the CRL points towards more of a red but you may want to look up Wine Red as an option. I was cleared for duty in the UKG and you ca see my armour here:

-------------

Whatever you choose, good luck and keep us updated with photos.

Regards

Larry

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Thanks a lot for the input guys! ill be sure to upload some photos the my helmet is finished! but also do you know how to get that battle worn look to the armor? I've looked around but i haven't seen any posts with much detail on actually how to do it.

Edited by nucklejoe

Battle Damage?

Again, I followed the scheme used on the helmet. After applying the red, I used silver paint in places to denote where the red had been scraped off. I then actually scored and scratched the paint job with a blunt knife. The weathering (or dirtying as its called) was applied with a bush, using diluted black acrylic paint. Whist it was drying, I rubbed and dabbed it with a towel. I started off with light coats and built it up in another one or two coats so it was dirtier in some places than others. I tried this method on some spare ABS first. I applied more dirt to the legs thinking that they would be dirtier in the battlefield. i hope that helps.

Larry