Torso & Back Sizing

How is it best to 'size' or fit the torso and back pieces (back/kidney/butt and chest/abdomen) of the armor?

Is there a method, or do you put the parts together with little-to-no gap and let the strapping stretch as needed?

Basically, I'll take any and all advice on getting a good fit for the 'main body' part of the armor. (I have ATA armor and I'm 5' 9" / 170 lbs. if that helps.)

Thanks!

You want only a slight gap between the kidney and the butt plates, and there should be no gap or overlap between the back and kidney. The chest should overlap the ab by a decent amount. Your butt and cod should be strapped together snuggly enough that they don't move around when you walk.

If you use nylon webbing for your strapping there shouldn't be any stretching.

Check out the Centurion applications or the reference pics for more detail. 

Thanks - I have been checking Centurion application posts out and doing my best to emulate (they are super helpful!), and I will keep researching.

I'd really like to make Centurion if possible, and hope to ideally find out the limits/tolerances before I end up needing to redo half my armor. :)

Thanks again!