E11 Pipe build

TK Hoagie

I was not intending do a WIP thread on my build, however, I guess I need a place to thank people who did in them in the past..

I started all this with the intention of building an E11 from scratch in the machine shop after hours... However that will have wait a while... So I turned the next thing (other than a $1000 demilitarized build), a resin and pipe prop build.

I started by ordering a resin kit from dday, since the droopydoo kits always seem be so hit and miss on availability.

I am using stee pipe 1.5" OD with.090" wall. A two foot section cost me about $10 at local metal supply shop. I used the paper layout plans from the sskunky and zeroroom build project (another thread here) to lay out the position of the holes on the pipe.I made jig to hold the pipe while working (pic).post-23751-0-81144100-1435434436_thumb.jpg

Straight lines were achieve by bracing a ruler against the jig and transferring the lines and the pencil marks onto the pipe. So after a few hours of drilling and dremeling I have reduced the pipe to this...

Attachment=8517:1435434989231_1.jpg]

More to follow...post-23751-0-93633300-1435436566_thumb.jpg

post-23751-0-44055400-1435435130_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2015 at 4:27 AM, johnbhoagland said:

I was not intending do a WIP thread on my build, however, I guess I need a place to thank people who did in them in the past..

I started all this with the intention of building an E11 from scratch in the machine shop after hours... However that will have wait a while... So I turned the next thing (other than a $1000 demilitarized build), a resin and pipe prop build.

I started by ordering a resin kit from dday, since the droopydoo kits always seem be so hit and miss on availability.

I am using stee pipe 1.5" OD with.090" wall. A two foot section cost me about $10 at local metal supply shop. I used the paper layout plans from the sskunky and zeroroom build project (another thread here) to lay out the position of the holes on the pipe.I made jig to hold the pipe while working (pic).attachicon.gif----

Straight lines were achieve by bracing a ruler against the jig and transferring the lines and the pencil marks onto the pipe. So after a few hours of drilling and dremeling I have reduced the pipe to this...

----

Had a bit of time over the holiday to work on the blastec... Now here's a question, I'm setting the folding stock in place, but the distance from the pistol grip to the rear stock mount point seems to far...about 1/2" to 3/4" gap between the two if the front is lined up with the vent holes. Most of the photos I've referenced look like less than a 1/4" gap there..----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed