Vette11's AP Armor Build

ok, even though I haven't been posting, I have been building,  I just don't seem to have the time to both build and post.  here is some of my latest work.

um maybe not, I seem to be having an internet problem concerning photobucket.  I will keep trying 

building the clamshell, photos are of the 1st go round.  it came out ok but there was too much gap b/w the chest and kidney pieces so I took it apart and redid it (no photos) and it came out a better but still has a minor gap.  I am going to tear it apart for a 3rd time to try and eliminate the gap but am getting fearful the armor will crack if I keep doing this.  whatever I get on the third try will have to suffice.

• 1 month later...

ok so it has been a while but here are some more photos.  I am finished with the build and making some final adjustments and taking the photos to submit to the Florida GML.  Hopefully I will have the photos submitted this weekend. 

in the second picture, I am getting ready to boil the cover strips to bend them to get them to fit the bottoms of the thighs.  boiling water worked best for me as it gave me the most control to how long or hot to get the plastic.  you  will see more pics of items that were bent the same way coming up soon

while glue/paint was drying I built my bucket in spurts.  here are the photos.  the interior has been changed from the foam to a hardhat liner b/c I just could not get the bucket to sit right with the foam inside.