chipper effect

Tolo

Hello troopers, 

I got myself a Scootch bucket a while back and never had the chance to build it, I want to do the "chipper" effect on it. I have read to use some latex or there is the toothpaste method. I'm curious to see how the toothpaste method works. 

Can anyone help me on that?

Thank you, 

Eric

On 9/29/2014 at 5:03 AM, Tolo said:

Hello troopers, 

I got myself a Scootch bucket a while back and never had the chance to build it, I want to do the "chipper" effect on it. I have read to use some latex or there is the toothpaste method. I'm curious to see how the toothpaste method works. 

Can anyone help me on that?

Thank you, 

Eric

I used the toothpaste method on my Death Watch helmet. The exposed silver areas under the red paint is where I applied it.

CXtFoH9.jpg

I did the rest of the armor plates with the liquid latex. It's much cleaner, easier to apply, and doesn't look as splotchy. No cleaning up needed after removal, unlike with toothpaste. I'd refrain from using toothpaste on something that's only going to have a few small chips like a trooper helmet.

I'm sure it'll look great Eric. :duim: Do post your results here when you can.

Final coat of pain was applied. I will wait 48hours before washing it of.

At the same time, letting the toothpaste sit, it will be good for gingivitis lolll

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk