AM build questions

Hi all! 2125 from Michigan here and I'm working on a AM kit from Tupperware TK and running into some questions as I fit up items, particularly with butt joints. I'm hoping someone can help show me the right path.

1.) Is there a RH inner and outer forearm or are the two firearms interchangeable? If there is a RH/LH how do I tell the difference?

2.) Is there a size chart for the finishing strip widths that makes them the same width as the movie? Is there a difference between TK and TD on the widths?

3.) Do you round the corners of the finishing strips or leave them straight and sharp?

4.) Bolt the helmet together or rivet or glue?

Thanks!

1 - left has 11 dimples, right has 12 (not sure about the inner)

2 - arm strips are 15 mm wide, legs are 20 mm. I believe the main difference in TK and TD is the dirt and accessories.

3 - round corners so they don't stab you or snag

4 - I'd bolt it together util you're 100% happy w they way its built. Then maybe glue it.

this is a great build thread...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/10434-pandatroopers-am-build-threadam/

Hi all! 2125 from Michigan here and I'm working on a AM kit from Tupperware TK and running into some questions as I fit up items, particularly with butt joints. I'm hoping someone can help show me the right path.

1.) Is there a RH inner and outer forearm or are the two firearms interchangeable? If there is a RH/LH how do I tell the difference?

2.) Is there a size chart for the finishing strip widths that makes them the same width as the movie? Is there a difference between TK and TD on the widths?

3.) Do you round the corners of the finishing strips or leave them straight and sharp?

4.) Bolt the helmet together or rivet or glue?

Thanks!

1. as stated above. Inner pieces should pretty well line up with the one outer and not the other

2. same as above

3. same as above

4. I glued the back to the cap. I bolted the face and the back together and when I was satisfied with the fit, I replaced the bolts with rivets. I then used bolts for the ears (screen accurate). I also glued the cap to the forehead after it was riveted, but that could go before. I also put some E6000 in the larger gaps between the ears and head and then removed the excess from the outside to help from seeing light pass through. 

This is a great helmet build!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26301-ne-helmet-build/

Thanks for all the info guys!  Things are progressing nicely, but now I am trying to remember where I saw someone post about which edges you should leave a return edge on and where you shouldn't.  Can anyone direct me to the right link?  I've looked at some many build threads that I cant find it again.

After your question regarding the difference in a TK and a TD, I'm seeing more differences than just dirt and accessories. You'll need to look into that topic more as I've mostly been researching TK builds. Good luck!

There are a lot of other subtle differences between the TKs and TDs... Shoulder bridges, ab buttons, and sniper plates come to mind off the top of my head.

Are you building to EIB/Centurion? It doesn't require a lot of extra work if you do it that way from the beginning. Just food for thought. ;)