AM 2.0 build (ANH Stunt) by Rystan

I sent an email to TG earlier asking for help clarifying the pieces.  It looks like my brother and I both have 2 left leg pieces. These two are mine and it looks like the inner piece of the Left leg (I hope I'm wrong).

20140802_233146.jpg?t=1406961696

I think i have the same thing. I wonder if this wasn't taken into account with the new molds? Let us know if yall figure anything out from TG... I don't see the point in me bombarding him with the same questions.

Thanks Ryan!  I was nervous to go this route, but I waited almost a month to my inquiry whether TK Boots had anything in my size (still haven't heard back).

And I think at this point, it's safe to say we're all in the same boat re: the calves/shins.

I sent an email to TG earlier asking for help clarifying the pieces.  It looks like my brother and I both have 2 left leg pieces. These two are mine and it looks like the inner piece of the Left leg (I hope I'm wrong).

20140802_233146.jpg?t=1406961696

If you look close, those pieces are really not the same. The one on the right is the left inner and the other is the right outer.

If you look close, those pieces are really not the same. The one on the right is the left inner and the other is the right outer.

I believe you, I really do. But I guess I don't know what I'm looking for as far as the differences go. What should we be looking for to tell them apart?

I believe you, I really do. But I guess I don't know what I'm looking for as far as the differences go. What should we be looking for to tell them apart?

Ok, I 'll give it another shot, so there is no doubt. This is it, no parts are alike.

20140803_152559_zps51ca14be.jpg 

Ok, I 'll give it another shot, so there is no doubt. This is it, no parts are alike.

Ahh I see what you're talking about. that helps looking at it from that direction. I guess what was really throwing me off was the low dip on both left sides. I was hoping for more symmetry I suppose. Thank you for pointing that out!

Ahh I see what you're talking about. that helps looking at it from that direction. I guess what was really throwing me off was the low dip on both left sides. I was hoping for more symmetry I suppose. Thank you for pointing that out!ALL

All the parts are unique. When it comes to armor there should be no symmetry. Thats a good thing. Look at the original armor if you don't believe me.

Nick, thank you for the above breakdown.  I'm satisfied that they're not duplicates at this point.  I'm not looking to be a resident calf/shin expert, ;) so I'll bow to your wisdom as you've "passed" multiples of our "tests".  Once I have the sniper plate installed, I'll be good :)

Thanks again!

No bow please, I have built 3 of these kits. Your very welcome Michael! Be sure to glue the sniper plate.

Yes thank you! I'm having a heck of a time telling them apart still. When I see your picture it seems to make so much sense but I just cant see it! I will put up a picture here in  a little bit and maybe you can help me see the difference. 

Yes thank you! I'm having a heck of a time telling them apart still. When I see your picture it seems to make so much sense but I just cant see it! I will put up a picture here in  a little bit and maybe you can help me see the difference. 

Ok

Okay, let me try this and Nick can let me know if I'm right. ;)

Taking a second (or fifth look) at the AM shin tutorial (http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16608-am-armor-shins-the-proper-way-to-assemble-and-wear/)

What I noticed was that the center of the "curve" of the inside of each leg is lower on the shin than the outer "curve".

shins_zps73253f89.png

So applying this logic my guess for you shins is:

Tape 1 & 2 make up the left shin (?)

68D9A187-6F08-42F7-883D-814C58AD9B06_zps

Tape 3 & 4 make up the right shin (?)

CD9287E5-F0BF-45CE-B7C1-B46B47BE9C59_zps

Nick, am I right?  Is my reasoning sound?

Hey Guys,

Sorry for not updating on emailing TG.  I dont want to screen shot our convo  but here goes what was said.

***Sorry, you have to read from the bottom up*****

No that'll be fine. I'm very sorry about the confusion.

Be mindful that some of the armor on the rest of that site is our previous NE, which is not sold anymore. But some of the fisd accepted pieces were moved (and some of those modified) to the AM 2.0.

Hide message history
OK TG,

Thank you for your quick response.  you mind if I share the link with the others on the forums?

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 2:39 PM, Trooper Gear <troopergear@gmail.com> wrote:

Rick,

I'm sorry this is so confusing.  The calves are quite different from the original AM ones, i forgot we had completely changed them in the last run, so those other pics and old instructions don't really help much.  We made them quite accurate, but they do look a bit wonky, here is proof that you do have the correctly designed ones.  The curves will not be the same as the older AM ones

Remember, all the pieces are now made to but joint together, then do cover strips to connect them, not overlapping like the old AM tutorials.  This is the more accurate way of assembly.

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Rick Maravilla <rick.maravilla@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hey TG,

Sorry to keep bothering you but even after checking out the instructions I have a concern about the shins. 

Here is my concern:

So according to this Topic for the shins: 
  the side with the most curve goes in the middle, Im not sure if I got two left shins,  I checked my brothers set and he has the same ones (There's also some posts about it.)

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about:

These seem to be the two inner pieces

These are the shins put together. On page 40 of the instructions it states that  the top outer tail has a wider ridge.  on my pic it shows it on both right sides.

Any help or is there something that could be done?

Thanks for your help.

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:16 AM, Trooper Gear <
> wrote:

Lol, not doing so well. One more time
  ABS BODY ARMOR ONLY INSTRUCTIONS 2010 NEW!.pdf  

On Aug 3, 2014 10:15 AM, "Trooper Gear" <
> wrote:

>Whoops, here.

>On Aug 3, 2014 10:08 AM, "Trooper Gear" <
> wrote:

>

>Rick,

>>Sorry you're having issues. Here are the original am body armor instructions. The assembly won't be the same because there are no longer overlap strips, but it should help with what goes where.

>>The body armor are basically the same and None of the leg components have changed.

>>

>>On Aug 2, 2014 11:13 PM, "Rick Maravilla" <
> wrote:

>>

>>Hey TG,

>>>

>>>

>>>A couple of us are at a confusing stand still as to what limb pieces go with what.  I'ts kind of hard to go by the old AM armor since you have modified them.

>>>

>>>

>>>Can you help us out on the FISD and show us what piece goes with what.  

>>>

>>>

>>>Thanks.

>>>

This photo was uploaded by renderit1.

Preview by Yahoo

This photo was uploaded by renderit1.

Preview by Yahoo

Preview by Yahoo

Edited by Starfox2010

Hey Guys,

Sorry for not updating on emailing TG.  I dont want to screen shot our convo  but here goes what was said.

***Sorry, you have to read from the bottom up*****

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 8:16 AM, Trooper Gear <troopergear@gmail.com> wrote:

Lol, not doing so well. One more time

On Aug 3, 2014 10:15 AM, "Trooper Gear" <troopergear@gmail.com> wrote:

>Whoops, here.

>On Aug 3, 2014 10:08 AM, "Trooper Gear" <troopergear@gmail.com> wrote:

>

>Rick,

>>Sorry you're having issues. Here are the original am body armor instructions. The assembly won't be the same because there are no longer overlap strips, but it should help with what goes where.

>>The body armor are basically the same and None of the leg components have changed.

Thanks Rick for updating us on this.

I'd like to get a copy of the pdf instructions he sent you too!

Okay, let me try this and Nick can let me know if I'm right. ;)

Taking a second (or fifth look) at the AM shin tutorial (http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16608-am-armor-shins-the-proper-way-to-assemble-and-wear/)

What I noticed was that the center of the "curve" of the inside of each leg is lower on the shin than the outer "curve".

shins_zps73253f89.png

So applying this logic my guess for you shins is:

Tape 1 & 2 make up the left shin (?)

68D9A187-6F08-42F7-883D-814C58AD9B06_zps

Tape 3 & 4 make up the right shin (?)

CD9287E5-F0BF-45CE-B7C1-B46B47BE9C59_zps

Nick, am I right?  Is my reasoning sound?

I see your dilemma, it sure looks like  you have 2 left legs.  All 4 parts of the shins I have, are different. Yours look identical.

Let me see what I can find out.

Nick

I see your dilemma, it sure looks like  you have 2 left legs.  All 4 parts of the shins I have, are different. Yours look identical.

Let me see what I can find out.

Nick

Yay, I'm not crazy!   Let me know if you need more pictures or anything else from me.