SlooperTrooper's AP Build

SlooperTrooper

I'm in the middle of my AP TK build too.  You can never have too many snap plates.  I started with 30.  After doubling up at some connection points, I needed to make 15 more today.  Despite the slight delay, your build is looking great so far.  I'm going to borrow your ABS paste formula for my side shim seams.

Good luck on the rest of your build!

"The hammer is my penis..." Can we say that here?

Regardless, for those who are not familiar with the great Joss Whedon's greatest work of Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog (aka Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, and oh right half of Marvel films and TV not to mention Cabin in the Woods)... Look him up under "pure genius".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by SlooperTrooper
  • Like 1

So making progress... AP is a little tough at times (this is a 18 month old mold at this time) as it seems to be a true mirror and no left/right pieces. Both biceps have thumbprints, and the turns on shins are symmetrical...

Regardless, strapping are begun!

vLtOoSu.jpg

I know these reference photos are probably in 100 places in this forum already, but these are UBER helpful so it never hurt to repost them... TY everyone who have made these possible and reposted without permission. BILLHAG TK-1650, Troopermaster, and everyone else who I neglect to credit... You rock, total awesome sauce!

Holster sewing pattern...

tmXtGdc.jpg

Here are paint shades of easy to find US and UK hobby store colors...

YdqC3Xl.jpg

And here are BILLHAG's TK-1650s most excellent snap placement diagrams!

tkcOIcy.jpg

H2bBmUX.jpg

FfGpV00.jpg

Edited by SlooperTrooper

Here is what I ended up with for final strapping... I used straight nylon on most, with elastic for the sides. Plan on putting in some side shims later for potential EIB certification on the kidney plate to abdomen (I am 5'11" at 190 lbs, look for the thigh mods later).

4R2kDK0.jpg

An8EoHe.jpg

Edited by SlooperTrooper