Trimming to Size question

I wanted to post here before I cut anything beyond the point of no return.

I'm pretty sure that here on the forearms I've got where I need to trim down length wise correct. But on the right forearm I found it it a little bit difficult to follow the shape. So before I cut these do those cuts look like they'll be alright?

Left Forearm Pictures
8ew2.jpgwdpy.jpgpt0e.jpg
tgct.jpg

Right Forearm Pictures
02uw.jpgewcf.jpg02uw.jpgcq8r.jpg

Then for the leg pieces. I watched a video that trooperbay put up on youtube where he was cutting the fronts down to the size of the cover strip, and same thing on the back. He didn't really say how he sized it though. So my thoughts on the leg pieces were in order to trim down to size;
For the calf pieces, since the front is straight and the back seems to be more curved I thought I would cut the front down for the cover strip, and leave the back. Once I have the cover strip on I would clam shell it on my leg figure out where to cut the back so that they butt together, and once I have that cut glue a cover strip on one side leave the other side open, and then put Velcro on them to hold them together. Would that be how I should do that.

For the Thigh pieces I was thinking to cut them the same way. Cut them so they butt where the cover strip will be. then once the cover strip is on figure out where the back pieces need to butt together, and then put the cover strip on there. The only difference between the thigh and calf is that the thigh would be fully closed, without Velcro, and would just be glued together. Does that seem right?

One other question is that if the thigh pieces long to the point that I can't bend my leg, I've seen two solutions to this so I figured I would ask, Should I just trim down from the top like I'm doing with the forearms or should I just cut an area out the back where the knee is so it can bend? (I saw a few pictures on white armor where people just cut a small curved area out of the back of the thigh where the leg bends.
I'm hoping that once I get home from work tonight to start trimming that stuff down, but I wanted to ask first before I cut and destroy things.

Hi Kelly,

Trim the forearms at the wrist end, just line up elbow end and and trim off the excess at wrist. the cover strips for the arms are 15mm and 20-24 mm on the legs and up to 25mm on the backs of the shins. These are the ideal size, but if you have a  larger limbs you will have to make the cover strips to whatever size needed so that you can fit into the armor. 

When trimming the arms for instance and say your using 15mm cover strip, you would trim the shelf to 7-8 mm on each side, roughly half the size if the cover strip. Don't trim the top of the thighs until you have the armor completed, the less black you have showing, the better you will look. All this is covered many times in the armor building section. I would check it out and ask plenty questions if needed. :)  

edit: As far a sizing the forearms just big enough at the wrist end to get your hand through.  The shins like you said join the fronts and size , thighs the same only that you will have to size the back more, depending on your size. I have some pic's of NE armor that I down sized to fit my skinny legs, if you need more help I can put up some pics for you. You just have to taper the back of the thighs just slightly so it will look right. The thighs cant be tight, but more loose fitting so you can lift your leg while walking.  The biceps  big enough so you can flex your arm when you take off the helmet. before  you cut , tape the parts together and make sure there not too small.

Edited by SCTrooper

Hi Kelly,

Trim the forearms at the wrist end, just line up elbow end and and trim off the excess at wrist. the cover strips for the arms are 15mm and 20-24 mm on the legs and up to 25mm on the backs of the shins. These are the ideal size, but if you have a  larger limbs you will have to make the cover strips to whatever size needed so that you can fit into the armor. 

When trimming the arms for instance and say your using 15mm cover strip, you would trim the shelf to 7-8 mm on each side, roughly half the size if the cover strip. Don't trim the top of the thighs until you have the armor completed, the less black you have showing, the better you will look. All this is covered many times in the armor building section. I would check it out and ask plenty questions if needed. :)  

edit: As far a sizing the forearms just big enough at the wrist end to get your hand through.  The shins like you said join the fronts and size , thighs the same only that you will have to size the back more, depending on your size. I have some pic's of NE armor that I down sized to fit my skinny legs, if you need more help I can put up some pics for you. You just have to taper the back of the thighs just slightly so it will look right. The thighs cant be tight, but more loose fitting so you can lift your leg while walking.  The biceps  big enough so you can flex your arm when you take off the helmet. before  you cut , tape the parts together and make sure there not too small.

So, just to clarify, on the forearms I should (since I have a bit of over hang on on the elbow size) I should trim that to meet? Then for the length of the  piece to fit I would then line up the elbow and instead of adjusting for size from the elbow adjusts for size from the wrists? Or should I pull the forearms apart (They were already glued down) reline them up starting at the elbow instead of the wrists, and then just cut everything from the wrists? Figured I would ask.

Also if you wouldn't mind showing me some pictures of the leg pieces that would be awesome.

thanks.

So, just to clarify, on the forearms I should (since I have a bit of over hang on on the elbow size) I should trim that to meet? Then for the length of the  piece to fit I would then line up the elbow and instead of adjusting for size from the elbow adjusts for size from the wrists? Or should I pull the forearms apart (They were already glued down) reline them up starting at the elbow instead of the wrists, and then just cut everything from the wrists? Figured I would ask.

Also if you wouldn't mind showing me some pictures of the leg pieces that would be awesome.

thanks.

Do you have any pic's of your forearms. 

Thigh back, I tried to keep the detail on the bottom even on both sides. I had to trim quite a lot of the inner thigh pieces. the inner parts of the thighs have excess material so you can trim them down to fit your size. 

20130902_133418_zpsb315ad1b.jpg

The front view

20130902_133211_zpsf3f5e17f.jpg

Sorry it took so long to respond I was at work.
Here's pictures of what my forearms currently look like.

Left (This is the one that has the most overhang by the elbow):

nyms.jpg6odp.jpg

v2rt.jpg

Right, has only a little bit of overhang on one side of the armor by the elbow and on the other side it's flush by the elbow but there is a bit of overhang by the wrists:

ujq7.jpgcxc1.jpgxvkb.jpgxa3k.jpg

OK here they are lined up, left and right respectively. 

20130903_152638_zps168e1cda.jpg

only trim

at the wrist end and remove all the return edge at the wrist before sizing,

IMG_20130630_132424_062_zps881b21e7.jpg

this is the detail on the left, that little swoop in the raised edge.

Edited by SCTrooper

Just a note,  If you are trimming the armor way down to fit you, save all the plastic you trim off the leg and arm pieces and use it for cover strips. Thats what I did and It matches the armor better than the material sent with the kit. You may not be able to do this, it really depend how much you have to trim off. I hope the pic's help :)