Question on ROTJ auction bucket

I smell scam.

1. The guy has no feedback at all.

2. It's not a ROTJ helmet. Just the frown is painted to resemble one.

3. I doubt it's vac-formed in ABS based on the pictures, because there is virtually no seam between the ears and helmet. Usually fiberglass recasts have that distinction.

4. If you look at his other auctions, there are more pictures of actual helmets that are poorly vac-formed in ABS, but you can see orange peel, which is a sign of an amateur.

Please don't buy helmets off ebay. They are 99% all recasts or they're FX derivatives.

Well, if he knows anything about ROTJ helmets, he shouldn't have hand painted the traps and tears and plus they are the wrong color, and the helmet has the wrong shape for being an ROTJ ;)...Mike should know he builds his own props, and pulls :) he has an eye for that kind of perfection B)

...and it looks like whomever that is, was reading this thread. He's since changed and added more pictures. You can see it's vac-formed for sure, but it's still not the correct ROTJ shape, so even in that respect, it's a false claim.

But hey, it's your money.

Thank you ALL for your replies....

I really appreciated the information and advice....

....and to give credit where I feel credit is due. I spoke with the seller and he was very up front, and brutally honest, as i put it to him. I had requested photos of any flaws that this bucket had and he sent me several photos (even more than what is on his auction site) showing some major issues with this paticular piece. I simply explained to him that there were just too many flaws for my taste and left it at that. I know there were some questions about his zero feedback...and his user ID (e-chu-ta), however I feel strongly that this particular seller is on the up and up. In fact, if he could get his hands on helmets that were lacking the serious flaw(s) that this one, in particular had, I feel strongly that the price he is starting his bids at are alot more reasonable than some of the others that I have come across...

...and if, in fact, he is reading these threads.... I want to thank him for being as honest as he was....and for affording me the opportunity to make the decision that I did...rather than pay him the money and determine I had issues with it after I received it.

Again, thank you all....

Thank you ALL for your replies....

I really appreciated the information and advice....

....and to give credit where I feel credit is due. I spoke with the seller and he was very up front, and brutally honest, as i put it to him. I had requested photos of any flaws that this bucket had and he sent me several photos (even more than what is on his auction site) showing some major issues with this paticular piece. I simply explained to him that there were just too many flaws for my taste and left it at that. I know there were some questions about his zero feedback...and his user ID (e-chu-ta), however I feel strongly that this particular seller is on the up and up. In fact, if he could get his hands on helmets that were lacking the serious flaw(s) that this one, in particular had, I feel strongly that the price he is starting his bids at are alot more reasonable than some of the others that I have come across...

...and if, in fact, he is reading these threads.... I want to thank him for being as honest as he was....and for affording me the opportunity to make the decision that I did...rather than pay him the money and determine I had issues with it after I received it.

Again, thank you all....

yes, Honesty is something you don't come accrossed very often from E-bay sellers :salute::trooper: