PayPal payment sent. Armor is on its way.

On my most recent visit to the SpecOps detachment, I came across a thread in which a guy was selling off his ATA Magma Trooper armor kit for a very generous price. I opted not to have the helmet included, as I already have plans to modify the EFX helmet that's already in my possession. I bought from him for two reasons: 1. His armor was cheap. 2. I wouldn't have to wait the 8-months that I would buying directly from ATA.

So all I have to do at this point is wait for the red armor to arrive. I'll post pictures when it gets here. I plan to eventually paint the armor a glossy white, because with the red armor, the question "why is your armor red" will inevitably be sprung upon me.

EDIT: I had NO idea the Magma Trooper is as rare as it is. I might even paint my EFX helmet red after I'm done modding it. I haven't made a final decision, but I'm going to look into this a little more.

Edited by SolidScrafty

Yep! The ATA Magmas were only made in a limited run, around 25 kits or so. I dont think ATA has many left, so these are in fact rare. Of course, its your armor and you can do what you want with it, but you are correct, the Magma troopers are rare, especially the ATA. Also keep in mind that if you did paint it white, if it gets scratched it will show red which may be a little weird and you may have to touch it up more than you care to do lol. If you do decide to paint it, sand all the armour completely with a 400-600 grit sand papaer to give the paint something to grab. That SHOULD help in keeping the paint on the armor :)  Whatever you decide, have fun and enjoy!

BTW im waiting for the postal pick up now:)  So your armor will be physically on the way today!

Good info here. I'll leave the suit red. My only concern will be the reaction of the general public; there will be those few people who question the color of my suit or mistake me for a Power Ranger.

Once the armor arrives at my doorstep, I'm going to take one of the handguards and bring it to an auto shop. I'll have them make me a can of spray paint that matches the shade of red that I need, and use that to paint my helmet. I already have the eFX/MRCE replacement decals on the way from Trooperbay.

Also, I've been refreshing the USPS tracking app on my phone every 30 or so minutes  :laugh1: I'm a little obsessed with it right now!

Thanks again for the suit, Lou. I'm sure it will be quite a gem, and a great deal.

Edited by SolidScrafty