That one thread about rivets/screws

Hi guys.  Iam at the point in my build where there's nothing left to glue. All butt joins and cover strips are applied to limbs. I have come to the body i.e: Chest, ab, back, kidney, butt. 

I've already made the trip to the fabric store for all webbing, elastic, snaps and snap tool.

I have to pay for the bus to get out and buy stuff, therefore I want to know EXACTLY which and how many rivets to get, to avoid making multiple trips. I was hoping we could start a thread about rivets, so members who are building can make a one stop shop list.

Every suit has different rivet requirements. Mine is an ATA ANH hero. I understand  I need six brass split rivets for the left side ab and kidney, WHat size?

I need two for the knee belt. What size? 

Belt: Which and how many should I get for the canvas to plastic connection can I use regular rivets since no one sees these? I know I need four to connect the holster instead of the two for stunt, what size and kind?

Any others I have forgotten would be good too. If I can get a comprehensive list, I can start drilling holes and placing rivets!

You need 7 (seven) split rivets. 6 for the sides, 1 for the crotch. 8-9 mm

The holster and belt  is rivetet on with pop rivets - the same as the helmet. People often use Chicago screws; the look the same

I'm not sure about the knee, but the look a tid smaller than the split rivets. I'd guess 6mm, standard rivet 

Edit: The plastic belt has 3 rivet covers, so I'd say 3 fer the belt

Edited by Sonnenschein

The screen accurate rivet for the thigh belt are cap rivets. Can't remember the diameter at the moment but will respond later when I look in my tool bins. Some people use split rivets for the thigh belt too. And currently the splits are acceptable for Centurion level. Choice is basically personal.

As for where to buy split rivets, a leather craft and supply shop will very likely have them. Are you in the US or Europe?

I have a leather shop very close to me where I got mine. I've been thinking of offering to anyone in the US that has trouble finding them to sell them for exactly the cost plus shipping it would be. If I remember correctly they were 40 cents each or less honestly I can't remember. 40x7=2.80

They are light so shipping would be cheap.

I might be able to get accurate cap rivets too. If I do then maybe I'll do rivet sets. Again this would be only at the actual cost with no mark up. Basically as a service to the empire. I would offer to mail it anywhere but the shipping would be more than the rivets otherwise and I'm sure there are better options for those across the ponds.

Edited by Echo

Yeah, and I'm in the US. I have a man working on my batman boots. Making them fit me better. I called him yesterday as he runs a small shoe repair shop. He said He most likely has them. I am going to send him pictures in hopes he has them at his shop

• 3 weeks later...